Wednesday, October 2, 2019

DCWV - Coral Couture Card Set

I've started making cards with very old paper collections I have.
There are SO many advantages to doing this!
Crafting is so therapeutic and keeps your mind busy;
plus I'm using papers that I wouldn't make a layout with, so this is a good way to use them!
Although most of the cards are 'simple', I think many of them are really pretty.

DCWV (Die Cuts with a View) made a really pretty collection called Coral Couture in 2011.
EIGHT years ago!
I'm really happy that I kept it because now I'm putting it to great use!

There are many sentiments, from not only the collection's cut out cards, 
but also those that can be computer printed as well.
I've saved several papers from the collection that would be great to use 
for printed sentiments in the future.

All of the cards I'm making can be further embellished in the future 
to fit the need and person to send a card to and make it personalized.
Pretty paper from the collection is adhered on the insides 
and make a really nice place to write a note.

Here are four cards that I made from this pretty collection!

I've given each card identification by assigning them a number (in the order I made them), 
so let's start with Card #1.
This card is close to size 6" x 6".

I've printed & die cut a couple of sentiments that can be used on this card.
Each with a piece of cardboard underneath for a little added dimension.
Instead of using a sentiment, that area of the card can also be left blank 
or a flower/embellishment added.

Here is a close up of the Prima flowers I used.

Look how gorgeous this piece from the collection looks inside of this first card!
Leaving plenty of room to hand write a personal note.

Now for Card #2
It's also close to size 6" x 6".

I made a small shaker with some Creative Embellishments frames & beautiful 28 Lilac Lane sequins.
I've wanted to use these cute Little Birdie flowers for a very long time.
They look great with the colors on this paper!

Here is a close up of the shaker and those adorable little flowers!

I decorated the inside using papers in this same collection.


Card #3 is also close to size 6" x 6".

It reminds me of a card you give someone for a wedding or shower.
I added a Prima flower and Want2Scrap white pearls.

The inside of this card has pretty mustard color cardstock from the collection 
to match with the outlined flowers on the front of the card.

Lastly, Card #4.
This one is size 5" x 7".
I didn't embellish it at all because the print in the paper is beautiful on its own.
However, like all of the other cards, I can add embellishments, flowers or sentiments.

To the inside of this one, I added some pretty coral paper from the collection.  

There is a mountain of possibilities for these cards!
Here is a photo showing you some of the cut out cards from this paper collection.
Any of these could be used as added embellishing to any of the four cards I've made.
Of course, making my own printed sentiments is always an option!

Thanks for visiting!
Now on to another old paper collection and more card making!
I will be posting again very soon....meanwhile, have a great day!
Lisa : )

Products used:

DCWV - Coral Couture Collection

Prima Flowers
Leeza Gibbons "Wishes & Dreams"
in Peach/Coral

Leeza Gibbons "Wishes & Dreams"
in White

Little Birdie Flowers
Red Strawberry Flowers

Creative Embellishments
Small Intricate Frames

28 Lilac Lane Sequin Mix
"Coral"

Lawn Fawn
Acetate Sheets

Dies
Victorian Tags

Antique Tags One


Tools
Sizzix Big Shot Machine

Sizzix Magnetic Platform

Martha Stewart Scoring Board


Adhesives
Beacon 3-in-1

Scotch ATG

Tombow Mono Glue



Inks & Embossing Powder
Blue Fern Studios
EP color "Honey"

VersaMagic
"Red Magic"

ColorBox Chalk Ink
"Pink Sky"

ColorBox Pigment Ink
"Aqua"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!