Many of you who work with 3D embossing folders
probably already know some things I'm going to point out.
I rarely use embossing folders,
although that might soon be changing because
I bought quite a number of them recently. LOL!
Something very important that I learned when using vellum.
A thick vellum is a MUST.
I tried using 'regular' vellum and I have to say that
the embossed design will be cut away in some areas,
depending on the embossed design,
which is not attractive at all.
Here's an example using a polka dot 3D embossing folder:
Also, another very important thing I discovered
is that it's best to die cut your piece first in the shape you want;
THEN run it through the embossing folder process.
If you DON'T do this,
you'll end up with the embossed design being flattened
as in these examples:
First, a piece of thick vellum was embossed.
Then I ran it through again to die cut the shape of it.
But doing that, the polka dots were flattened
and some of the dots on the very edge were cut completely off.
Very strange on that last point.
WOW!!!
What a beautiful difference!
I'm new to embossing
and I'm learning through experimentation.
Maybe these things happen only when using a
deep 3D embossing folder.
Either way, I plan to follow my advice on this.
Thanks for reading my post
and I hope it helps someone.
Have a blessed evening,
Lisa >^..^<
Products used in the examples:
Misc. Blue Vellum
Scrapbook.com - Thick White Vellum
Recollections Cardstock - Cape Cod pack (used the aqua color)
Scrapbook.com - 3D Embossing Folder - Polka Dots








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!