Monday, October 21, 2019

Bo Bunny - Isabella Easel Card for Carly

 I just completed another batch of cards using a very old collection, 
that I've always loved, by Bo Bunny, called Isabella (came out in 2013).
Pink & Gray look wonderful together!

It's been a long time since I've made an easel card.
This one is specially made for my friend, Carly.
She & I will understand how each & every sentiment 
on this card is very fitting in her life. 

I reinforced this easel card on the backside 
with very thin cardboard covered in pretty paper from this collection.  
I do this when I'm concerned that the paper isn't thick enough 
to support the embellishments that I'll be decorating with.

Let's begin with the inside of the card, 
when the easel part is flipped over.
As you can see, I've placed paper inside that I can write my personal note.

Now, let's take a closer look at each sentiment that's inside.


This one is extra special for her.

I like to make the top piece, which becomes the easel, smaller in width than the piece it's adhered to, because I think it adds interest to see coordinating paper on the sides. 

I chose two very pretty 3D embellishments to adorn the front of the card.
The polka dots are so cute so I only added a few miniature pink roses.

For a little extra pizzazz, 
I punched the bottom of the card, adding pink bling and placing cute brads to each side.

Easel cards need a piece to hold the easel in place.
The sentiment was PERFECT, especially if she puts this card on display this way. 
Just a 'reminder' of sorts for her. 
It's a sticker from this collection that I adhered to a piece of cardboard to pop it up.

Here's closer looks at the pretty 3D layered chipboard pieces on the easel part.


Since I took dozens of photos to get the right ones for this post,
I'll share a few more that were worth keeping.








Thanks for stopping by & viewing Carly's card.
Have a great day!
Lisa : )

Products used:


Bo Bunny - Isabella
12 x 12 Paper Collection


"Eloquent"

"Opulent"

"Savvy"

Stickers

3D Layered Chipboard

Brads








Martha Stewart - Edge Punch
Beaded Ruffle

Want2Scrap - Baby Rhinestones
Pink

Wild Orchid Crafts - Flowers
10mm Pink Open Roses
Adhesives
Beacon 3-in-1 Glue

Scor-Tape sheets


2 comments:

  1. I was so surprised and touched to receive this in the mail yesterday on my way to work. It's now displayed prominently in my workstation! Lisa, you are so right about how fitting each detail is. You're so talented and such a kind, supportive friend. I could never make something like this, and I'm blown away by your talent and dedication to the craft. It was clearly made with love, and received with love. Thank you! Hugs, Carly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BIG BIG HUGS and thank you Carly! I'm so very happy that we've reconnected! xoxoxoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!