Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Butterfly Tag

In my continuing quest to use up very old stash,
I've made a tag with K&Company's Brenda Walton Flora & Fauna Designer Paper.

The pretty Creative Embellishments Butterfly Flourish was just too perfect for this themed tag!

After trying two different embossing colors, I finally settled on Lindy's Bougainvillea Red Teal
It was just way too 'red', which I really noticed only AFTER 
I had glued it to the tag and placed the butterflies on it!
So, I topped it again for the 4th time 
choosing Lindy's Golden Pumpkin Blush, which toned it down quite a lot.
If you think it's red now - you should have seen it before!

(When you have already glued the chipboard and have to emboss it again, you have to be extra careful and use a watermark pen; then add a tiny bit of EP; heat set; then move to the next spot and repeat).  
Luckily it turned out ok!

Prills in baby pink & golden colors mixed together were added all along the flourish.

Seeming to fly up the flourish are beautiful ReneaBouquet's butterflies!

ReneaBouquet's double side printed butterflies are so sturdy
that I was able to bend one to make it look like it had landed on the flowers.
And it stays bent!  It's now 3D!




In the same K&Company's collection are butterfly baubles.
They are quite heavy so I super-glued it to the tag to make sure it would stay in place.
I cut out the words "gather them in posies"
from the small paper pad in this collection.
I really LOVE the reflection from beautiful blue skies with puffy white clouds on the bauble!

I made a small flower arrangement and was able to use a dimensional die cut flower 
and chipboard butterfly that are also in this collection.

(Boy, you can tell how much I really love(d) this collection because I bought everything
that's in it, including some things I didn't use on this tag!)

Here is a side view to show you the dimension of this arrangement.

Lastly, the backside of the tag is, of course, decorated with paper from this collection.

Another enjoyable project complete!
Onward I go! HA HA
Thanks for visiting and have a great day,
Lisa : )


Products used:

K&Company - Brenda Walton's Flora & Fauna collection
12x12 paper Collection

Mat Pad

Butterfly Chipboard 

Die Cuts

Butterfly Baubles


ReneaBouquet's Butterflies
Magical Miniatures
Aurora Borealis - Pink

Butterfly Kisses -
Aurora Borealis - Blue


Creative Embellishments chipboard
Butterfly Flourish


Flowers
Wild Orchid Crafts
Deep Yellow Gypsophila

The Paper Studio
Poppies & Paperie
Purple Pearl Petite Flowers

The Paper Studio
Poppies & Paperie
Purple Beaded Micro Flowers



Dies
Scrapbook.com Nested Tags

Tattered Lace - Ornate Leaves


Lindy's Gang Embossing Powder - Golden Pumpkin Blush (retired color)
Bougainvillea Red Teal


US Artquest - Prills
Tu-Tu Pink

Heart of Gold


Adhesives
Beacon 3-in-1 Glue

Tombow Mono Glue

Scor-Tape Sheets

Liquitex Prof. Matte Gel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!