Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Pets Memorial - Sophie

Here is an update to my Pets Memorial.

This is Sophie.
The absolute LOVE of my life!
I loved her so deeply that words cannot explain. 
She was the sweetest and also a very smart cat.
Sophie was a stray and I gifted her to my daughter in 1993.
She lived to be 14 years old.
I will tell the rest of her story at the end of my post.

Here is the wonderfully adorable and sweet Sophie!

Sophie's 4 x 6 frame is spray painted with Rustoleum "Satin Silver Lilac". 
The name plate is made from Prima's IOD Mould "Labels 1" with air drying clay.
It's heat embossed in Aged Ivory

Adhering it was a bit tricky so I used Foam Tape underneath to make it level due to the curve in the frame.
The Dusty Attic Uppercase ABC letters are inked with 
ColorBox's gorgeous Limited Edition Pigment Ink "Raisin". 
ReneaBouquet's "Enchanted" Dragonfly is so beautiful!


On Sophie's frame I adhered the gorgeous corner piece from The Dusty Attic "Fancy Corners #1". 
This piece is inked in ColorBox "Raisin".
I picked the lightest green in the pack of Wild Orchid Crafts Trellis flowers,
and then sprayed it with Lindy's Gang Starburst "Edelweiss Moss Green". 
WOW!  What a perfect match to Sophie's gorgeous green eyes!!!!

Look how ReneaBouquets dragonfly is the perfect color match with its lilac and light green!

Look how exquisitely detailed!

The bottom corners of the frame are decorated with Wild Orchid Crafts flowers. 
I chose a beautiful 2-tone Cottage Rose and matching Hip Rosebuds.
For a feminine statement, 2-tone Baby Pink & Ivory Wild Roses are added.
A few snippets of stunning purple moss & leafy die cuts completed this arrangement. 

The other bottom corner has two pink & ivory wild roses with some moss.

For the grand finale....
Sophie is now up on the memorial board!
Next to her is a gift my daughter gave me many years ago
 because of Sophie's death, so hanging it right next to her was very meaningful.


Sophie passed away in June 2007 at the estimated age of 14 years. 
We believe, as did the vet, that Sophie would have lived to be 20+ years old.  
Unfortunately, Hurricane Rita came directly into our area in southwest Louisiana in 2005. 

Unbeknownst to us, this caused a push of coyotes that invaded our neighborhoods.
Sophie loved to sit on our driveway in the very early hours before the sun came up. 
My husband would let her out and he would get the newspaper to read before heading to work. 
He left a crack in the garage door for Sophie 
since she was no where around when he left for work that fateful day of June 19, 2007.
Eventually I figured out what happened to Sophie and my heart was broken like never before. 
We had never heard coyotes until then.
This was the most devastating loss of a pet that I've ever felt.
I cried for three years.  
I still tear up, even now, about Sophie's death.  So very unfair. 

Thank you for dropping by.  
Have a lovely day and a very healthy, prosperous New Year. 
Lisa >^..^<


Products used:

Prima IOD Mould
Labels 1

Polyform Model Clay

Stampendous - Fran-táge EP

Aged Ivory Sample


The Dusty Attic
Fancy Corners #1

Uppercase ABC

ReneBouquet's Dragonflies
"Enchanted"

Tattered Lace Dies
Ornate Leaves

Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
35mm Green Trellis Roses

30 mm Pink & Ivory Wild Roses

30mm (2-tone) Purple Cottage Roses

2-tone Lilac Hip Rosebuds


Reindeer Moss
Fuchsia colored

ColorBox Limited Edition Pigment Ink
Raisin

Adhesives
Beacon 3-in-1

Elmer's Foam Tape

Recollections Foam Circles

Tombow Mono Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!