Saturday, December 21, 2019

Pets Memorial - Centerpiece

I have begun creating my Pets Memorial wall hanging!
Let me start from the very beginning....
My male BFF, Danny, knows my love for scrapbooking & card making. 
He had some Oak fencing that he cut into about 27" long pieces.  
Each plank is 5-1/5" wide.  
He said that he knew that I could come up with something creative using some pieces 
and offered to help me, once I knew exactly what I had in mind.

Danny is a professional painter, so I asked him to put together 4 boards
and then lightly white wash them.

With his help, my vision has begun by starting with the Centerpiece.

My idea was to frame a favorite photo of each pet that has been a huge part of my life.  
Of the seven pets on my Pets Memorial, three didn't belong to me,  
but touched my life in very immeasurable, profound ways.
They are - 
Ginger (the family pet from the 1970's) - the smartest dog I've ever known!
Lena (my daughter's & then my Dad's Calico cat) - the SWEETEST kitty in the world!
Greta (my daughter's glorious German Shepherd) - the best natured dog you could ever meet!

Each pet's frame will be decorated with their name included. 

Let's take a closer look at my vision.
All frames are spray painted with Rustoleum color "Satin Silver Lilac", which matches my new couch!
Here are a couple of photos showing the wall hanging. 


Taking a closer look at the Centerpiece,
I started with The Dusty Attic's "Paw Prints on my Heart" chipboard set.
It comes with the words, as well as the paw print heart. 
I decided to have a beautiful eggplant color as the background.
Using linen textured cardstock, I adhered the words & heart to it.
The words are heat embossed in Aged Ivory that has gold flecks in it.

The heart is heat embossed in a distressed Fired Brick color.

The top of the frame is decorated with The Dusty Attic's "Heart Attack Panel #2".
I simply inked the piece, which I snipped from the larger panel piece, with gorgeous ColorBox color "Raisin".

The sides of the frame are decorated with GORGEOUS "Baby's Breath" by Creative Embellishments.
I'm ordering MORE of those!
I heat embossed the flowering parts the same as the words (in Aged Ivory)
and then inked the stems with Tea Dye Distress ink using a craft nib.


49 and Market & Wild Orchid Crafts flowers are used for the bottom of the frame. 


I'm so pleased to get started on this very meaningful project!
Thank you for dropping by and I hope your holidays are very happy ones!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Lisa : )


Products used:

The Dusty Attic
Paw Prints on my Heart

Heart Attack Panel #2


Creative Embellishments
Baby's Breath

49 and Market
Violet

Twilight


Wild Orchid Crafts
Sweetheart Flowers

Rust-oleum
Satin Silver Lilac

Stampendous - Fran-táge Embossing Powder in Aged Ivory




Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress products
Tea Dye ink

Fired Brick Embossing Powder


ColorBox Pigment Ink - 

Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!