Thursday, December 19, 2019

2019 Christmas Cards

I designed my 2019 Christmas cards in June and started creating them in August.
They might look simple but they sure took quite a bit of time to make.
You will read later in my post how cleaning off glue from the shiny gold was imperative.

Here is the front of my Christmas Card.



I was excited when I purchased the new Spellbinders 3D Nativity Set earlier in the year!
There are three dies in this set.


And this is what the 3-layer fabulous die set looks like glued together!
Isn't it gorgeous?!


Here is the process.... 
Adhering each of the three layers of the Spellbinders 3D Nativity Set together.
The bottom layer is solid; the middle layer is the shining star; the top layer is the Holy Family.


I chose Navy Blue cardstock because I really love how the Gold Foil cardstock looks with it.
Including the word "Peace" really added much more to this card!


Adhering delicate dies is very tricky and to be honest, 
I had to throw away a number of cards because if the slightest touch of glue gets on the dark navy card, 
it sticks out like a very sore thumb.  
So, I used extra care and a good pair of tweezers that I cleaned in between making each card.

Here is the beautiful Border die for the front of the card.
Painting on Mod Podge glue to the backside.


Each card is marked at the exact center spot on opposite edges, 
so when the glue filled die cut is placed, it's perfectly aligned on both sides.  
Almost like having an imaginary level tool. 
See the gold dots I made on each side as markers to show where I needed to lay the fancy die cut.




Once each die cut is laid in place, I had to wipe it with a damp paper towel to remove excess glue.


For some interest, I decided to add gold stars from one of the sequin mixes I have.

Stars & the border together.

I computer printed some profound text that was posted on FaceBook
and then made die cuts for the inside of the card.
I think this die coordinates very well with the border die on the front of the card.



The sentiment where I sign is printed in a font called "Before the Rain". 
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it!



Lastly, I bought a personalized stamp and put it on the back 
of my Christmas cards in gorgeous shiny gold! 


Thanks so much for visiting!
Have a great day & very Merry Christmas to all of you,
Lisa : )






Products Used:

Papers ~
Recollections - 65 lb. Cardstock 
NAVY

SHIMMER CHAMPAGNE

GOLD FOIL



Dies ~ 
Cheery Lynn Designs (Maker's Movement) - Border #2

Spellbinders - 3D Layering Set - Nativity 

Spellbinders - Nestabilities - Astoria Decorative Element

Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Alpha-Numeric Script


Embellishments ~
Buttons Galore - 28 Lilac Lane Collection - Premium Sequins 
GOLDEN

Sizzix Tools ~
BIG SHOT

MAGNETIC PLATFORM

PRECISION PLATE


Adhesives ~
MOD PODGE

TOMBOW MONO GLUE

SCOTCH TAPE GLIDER


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!