Saturday, September 28, 2019

Sympathy Card (for Randy)

A very good friend of my husband's suffered the loss of his father recently.
I know in my heart that Joe would want Randy to know that he had heartfelt sympathies. 
So I made a 4 x 5 card from Joe & me and mailed today.

The inspiration for this design is from a sweet and talented lady, Marylou.
She's made several cards by layering torn strips.
However, instead of tearing the strips, I used my deco-edge scissors in a large & small Scalloped shape.

Although I mainly create layouts, I've really been enjoying making cards lately.
I've always wondered what in the world to do with the pages in some collections 
that are just different designs in strips.
Well, thanks to Marylou, for me, this is the answer!  
Make cards with them!
Even if you don't tear or deco-cut them, these multi-strip-design papers make nice cards!

I used solid cardstock as the base for the card.
To this I adhered each varying sized scalloped layer, so they formed a ruffled pattern.

Then a butterfly and leafy berry branch chipboard were added.

I simply inked the branch with Chalk Ink color Dark Brown.
Then adhered crackle dots where the berry shapes are.

A personal sentiment was computer printed and then die cut & adhered inside the card.
I know in my heart that Joe is very happy that I made Randy this card.


Thanks for your visit and have a great weekend!
Lisa : )



Products used:

Pink Paislee
London Market Collection

Page named "Curiosities"



(Michael's) Recollections 
"Crimson" Cardstock Collection

Deco-Edge Scissors



(Maker's Movement) Cherry Lynn Design Die
"Horizon Coved Rectangle Frames"
(used for printed personal note inside the card)


Kora Projects Chipboard
"Branch with Leaves and Berries"


K&Company Stickers
Engraved Garden - "Butterflies"


ColorBox Chalk Ink
"Nightfall" collection
Used to ink ruffled paper edges: Dark Brown; Chestnut Roan; Maroon; Burnt Sienna


Adhesives
Scotch Advanced Tape Glider

Tombow Mono Glue

Beacon 3-in-1

Scor-Tape Sheets
(to adhere inside die cut with special note)


1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful Lisa! I love the effect of the different layers of patterned papers and the chippie and butterfly are the perfect toppers. I'm sure your friend felt comforted by this card from you and your Joe. Have a wonderful day! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!