Sunday, September 1, 2019

My One & Only

I created a memorial tribute layout of my dear Joe.
The photo I chose is the "Joe" everyone knew and recognized.
It's the one I used for his obituary. 
I miss him terribly.

The tag on the layout is a gift from a very sweet, dear lady, Marylou.
She said that it reminded her of what I'm going through and she suggested I use it on a layout.
It's perfect for Joe's tribute and very emotionally moving!

Gaining inspirations from several talented crafters as well as the colors in the tag and Joe's photo, 
I began my creation.
First a darker background was a must & some stenciling too.
I chose Blue Fern Studios beautiful "Bountiful" page in their Sanctuary collection because of its teal color 
that goes so well with the teal of the butterflies on the tag!

To coordinate with the dark brown print in the paper, 
I heat embossed The Dusty Attic's chipboard words for my title.
I LOVE Lindy's Stamp Gang's EP color Midnight Bronze Obsidian.


Prima - Finnabair "Wild Berries" stencil is one of my most favorites!
I recolored white texture paste with Lindy's Stamp Gang's "Clam Bake Beige" mica.

I added bronze colored eyelets to the photo bg paper for a little interest.
For a more manly look, I used loosely intertwined burlap.
Stiffen-Stuff spray holds the threads together so they don't come undone.


Reneabouquet's butterflies ALWAYS bring together a layout as a gorgeous finishing touch!
The details and quality are nothing short of amazing!

I couldn't believe how similar The Dusty Attic chipboard trim is to the 
printed stamping on the top & bottom of the BFS paper!!  WOW!!
I heat embossed it in Stampendous EP Fran-táge Chunky Metallic Seasonings
Gorgeous!

Compare the above photo and this one below.
Look at the printed stamping design on the paper!



I love using Reindeer Moss as a filler among flowers and this natural color was perfect!
Finnabair's Art Stones are colored with LSG Starburst Clam Bake Beige.

So, here are close up photos so you can see all the details.
The flowers are 49 and Market in Cerise color .


(the lovely cream colored magnolias are latex flowers given to me by a friend)






This one is for my bedroom where I can see my one and only love, Joe, every night before I go to sleep.

Thanks for your visit and hope you come back again!
Have a great day, 
Lisa : )


Products used:


Blue Fern Studios paper - 
"Bountiful"
(main layout)

"Conservatory" - side B
(Under Joe's photo)


The Dusty Attic - 
Title - My One and Only

Fancy Trim #4


Reneabouquet's butterflies - 
Memory Keepers
Magical Miniatures - Dbl side printed

Memory Keepers
Set


Prima - Finnabair Stencil - 
Wild Berries

49 and Market Flowers - 
Vintage Shades
Botanical Blends
Cerise

Vintage Shades
Potpourri
Cerise


Tools - 
We R Memory Keepers
Crop-a-Dile
Eyelet, Snap, Punch Tool

Mediums - 
Nightfall Petal Point Set
"Dark Brown" 


Liquitex Prof. Flexible Modeling Paste

Liquitex White Gesso

Liquitex Prof. Matte Gel



Lindy's Embossing Powder
Midnight Bronze Obsidian

Lindy's "Nantucket Pearls" Magicals Set - Clam Bake Beige

Lindy's Starburst Spray
Clam Bake Beige 

(colored the art stones)



Stampendous EP Fran-táge
Chunky Metallic "Seasonings"

VersaMark
Watermark Ink



Embellishments - 
Prima-Finnabair Art Stones

Prima-Finnabair MINI Art Stones

Natural Reindeer Moss

Loose Cream colored Burlap




Adhesives - 

Beacon Stiffen-Stuff

Elmer's Adhesive Tape

Recollections Adhesive Circles

Beacon 3-in-1
Advanced Craft Glue

Tombow
Mono-Glue





2 comments:

  1. Oh my!! The love you feel for your Joe positively shines through on this page Lisa! What a stunning tribute! The colours are such a gorgeous mix and I love the texture created on the background! Your flower clusters are delightful .. love the look of the reindeer moss among the blooms. Love the sentiment on the tag and the design isgorgeous! Have a great day! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!