Monday, July 29, 2019

Happy Birthday Marylou (2019)

Hi all!
I created a belated birthday card for one of the sweetest and most thoughtful ladies I've ever known!
She brightens the lives of everyone, including me.
This very colorful card was created for dear Marylou.

I started with a bright yellow piece of cardstock.
On my computer, I entered "Happy Birthday" in various fonts and sizes and colors.
I then printed this onto the yellow cardstock and cut it to be size 5" x 7" when scored.

Then I cut open-circles to serve as balloons.
I cut acetate circles and glued them to the open circles.
These now became my shaker pieces.
I recently ordered and received several dozens of shaker mixes by Buttons Galore in their 28 Lilac Lane line.  WOW!  So many and I just couldn't resist but order every single one I loved...for now (ha!)  

After adding the foam pieces to surround the circles, 
sequin mixes were added to the card for each 'balloon'. 

Here you can also see the sweet silver balloon sequins that I grabbed from the mix "Girls Night Out".

Baker's Twine in a cool black and white stripe really defined that these shaker pieces are balloons.


To the inside of the card, I used glitter alpha-stickers. 
I picked out the green music notes from the sequin mix "Pop".... 
so that Marylou would know that I sang the 'Happy Birthday' song while creating her card.

Thanks for your visit and I hope you sprinkle some sunshine in someone's life!
Have a great day, Lisa >^..^<

Products used:

Spellbinders dies
Stnd Circles - Large


"Gemstone" - for blue balloon

"Lady Luck" - for red balloon

"Wisteria Hues" - for purple balloon

"Girl's Night Out"-
silver balloon sequins only

"Pop" -
green music notes only





Michael's Arts & Crafts
                Recollections - Glitter ALpha Stickers in Navy Blue
                                       Baker's Twine in Black & White
                                       Foam Tape

Big Shot Machine


Magnetic Platform


Adhesive
Tombow Mono-Glue

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is wonderful! I love the shaker balloons. I hope your friend loves this as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!