Monday, July 20, 2020

Cards with Printed Canvas

I don't know about you, 
but I tend to forget about the craft supplies 
that I have when I don't use them regularly!
I started digging through my loose 12 x 12 scrapbook papers. 

I ran across a cloth piece that was made by Recollections
 (Michael's Arts & Crafts store) nearly ten years ago.  
I bought it because I love butterflies and moths.  
I wish I would've taken a photo to show you the whole piece!  Darnit!

This REALLY and TRULY wasn't a page to do a scrapbook layout on!  
When I began the craft of scrapbooking,
I would buy whatever was 'pretty'; 
never thinking clearly about how to use it. 

So, here I am staring at this piece and decided to make some cards with it!
=============================================

This first card is a 5" x 7" size and has a shaker.

Bazzill's textured cardstock, in the gorgeous aqua color named "Rain", 
is used as the main card.
 Layering a jet black piece of cardstock; 
then another piece of "Rain" color, 
made a nice frame for the front of the card. 

A cut piece from the printed canvas serves as the center for the shaker.
A triple layer of Creative Embellishments Square Mini Frames
(top piece heat embossed in jet black), 

along with pretty sequins,
finished the shaker piece.
Selected sequins; flat back pearls & glass glitter make up the mix for the shaker.

Here are some of the items that I used in my shaker mix.

Buttons Galore - Sparkletz
Starry Sky

Prima - Finnabair
Pitch Black Glass Glitter

Buttons Galore - Sparkletz
Ocean Waves


These next two cards measure between 4-1/2" & 5" square.
Square cut pieces of the printed canvas are placed on top of solid colored cardstock and can be further embellished at a future date.
Pretty flat back pearls in jet black enhance the look on one of them.


Lastly, I made a 'skinny' card (3-1/2" x 8")
and a small 5-1/2" x 3-3/4" card.
I frayed the edges of the printed canvas on these.

Close up of the frayed edges of these printed canvas butterflies.

I printed some sentiments, 
as ideas for future use.



I'm sure happy that I spent time card making 
and used up another piece from my stash!  


Thanks for dropping by!
I'm just passing the time on these lonely days.

I miss being with friends at a restaurant, 
laughing and talking.
Crafting has been a true God-Send in my life.

Stay safe & healthy!
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Wow! The canvas is so pretty Lisa and you have used it beautifully! Love all of these cards, especially the shaker, and such a good idea to make up more bases ready to be finished another day. Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!