Wednesday, July 15, 2020

MISTI 12 x 12

For those that may not know what a MISTI is:
"Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented"

My Sweet Petunia now has 3 sizes of the MISTI to choose from.
  I recently decided to buy one through Amazon 
and bought the largest they make
that can accommodate a 12 x 12 scrapbook page!

I've had a ton of stamps for like 'forever'.
I really liked the idea of stamping, so I bought and bought and bought.
I've virtually quit using them because I always seem to run 
into some sort of problem when stamping.
Either the image is too light or partially stamped
or 
some ink got on the area outside of the stamp image,
totally messing up the whole look
or...... 
well, you get the picture by now. 

Granted, sometimes I prefer stamping to not be perfect, 
but when I DO want it to be perfect,
that's usually when it doesn't come out right. 
When those disappointing mishaps occur, 
all I feel I can do is cover up the bad stamping 
with flowers or other embellishments!

Then my original design must be changed. 
Sometimes it truly IS a 'happy accident' and other times not so much.
I'm sure I'm not alone on these situations.

Although I'm not a huge stamping-type person,
when you earn enough points to get a MISTI for free
and you're on stamp "overload"...
then it's time to get one!
At least now I know if I decide to stamp, 
it will be good & perfect - EVERY TIME!

If you want a really cool tool and you love to stamp 
or you're thinking about getting into stamping,
the MISTI is fantastic and almost a must-have!!

You can find many videos online to see how the MISTI works.

My MISTI has already proven itself!

Follow the simple instructions on the MISTI box.
Here are some photos to show you an example:

Place your stamp in the location you want it to be on the paper.
Depending on the type of stamp you are using, place one or two of the provided foam inserts;
Place your paper on the MISTI;
secure the paper with the bar magnet (or whatever magnets you get with it);
place your stamp (without ink/flat side up) where you want it to be on your paper.

 A closer look - 


Close the MISTI lid.
The lid has grid lines to help you align your stamp(s),
especially if you are using words!
You can place as many stamps at a time that you want.
And you can also place your stamps at any angle!
Lightly press where the stamp is located (this will make the stamp 'stick' to the MISTI lid)

 Now the stamp is on the lid and ready for inking.
With the MISTI lid open, the stamping side of the stamp is now face up.
Ink up the stamp by tapping it with your favorite ink.

Once your stamp is inked, close the MISTI lid.
Press down over the stamp area to get a stamped impression on your paper.

The stamped image will be there when you lift the lid!
If you want the image to be more crisp & also darker, 
leave the stamp attached to the MISTI lid; 
then re-ink the stamp; 
close the MISTI lid again;
press down on the stamp area.
VOILA!
Check these out...
FIRST stamping
SECOND stamping - more crisp & darker


The MISTI handles clear stamps & cling/foam mounted stamps.
The rubber stamps mounted on a wooden base cannot be used with the MISTI.
Here's my cute little cling mounted bee stamp.


And this is the completed stamped project!


Thanks for dropping by!
I'm going to have fun every time I use my MISTI!

You can see the full card that I created HERE.
Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!