Sunday, January 26, 2020

Glassine Shaker Bag

This month, I participated in a Swap that required decorating 3 glassine bags.
(for more information on Glassine Bags - see my post HERE).

I decorated this bag by making a shaker.

I used the beautiful Mintay paper collection "Dear Diary".  
I'm just totally in love with this gorgeous collection!

I started by punching a 5" x 6-3/4" background piece.
This is adhered to the bag by a Scor-Tape sheet.
Scor-Tape gives a very smooth and strong adhesive finish.

The main piece is decorated with tiny pearls on each punched eyelet.

Next, I cut out a rectangle piece that has the ultra-cute smiling bird on it; 
then adhered it to the main piece with cardboard in between.

Creative Embellishments Small Intricate Frame (the oval one),
when layered 3 times, makes a pretty shaker!
(I've made one before when I made a card for Charlotte)

The top piece for the shaker is heat embossed in Fran-táge "Shabby White". 

For the 'homemade' shaker mix, 
I mixed together a pinch of each of these:
Sparkletz "Coral Coast"
 Finnabair Copper colored Glass Glitter 
Want2Scrap flat back LeCreme colored pearls
Wood Beads 

Voila!



Lastly, I made a flap closure by adhering a punched piece.

Glassine bags are pretty 'flat', so adding goodies, whether it be cookies or crafting gifts, forces minimization.
Your goodies should also be as flat as possible for a good fit.

This is what's in this bag. 
These are gifts for my wonderful swap partner, Donna.
She beautifully creates with a vintage/shabby chic style.
Prima Flowers; Webster's Pages "Whimsies" (resin lotus flowers); Recollections fabric Pinwheels; handmade stick pins

I handmade these stick pins, as well as a card holder for them.
They are held onto the card with washi tape!
I'm a little proud of myself for coming up with this holder.

Thanks for taking a peek!
Lisa

Products used:


Mintay paper collection - Dear Diary

for main background

for image inside the shaker

for flap closure


Martha Stewart - Eyelet Lace Punch Set

Creative Embellishments - Small Intricate Frames

Buttons Galore - Sparkletz
Coral Coast

Prima - Finnabair Copper Glass Glitter

Law Fawn - Acetate 

Stampendous Fran-táge EP - Shabby White



Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Tattered Rose

Want2Scrap - Baby LeCreme Pearls

Adhesives
Scor-Tape Sheets

Scor-Tape

Tombow Mono Glue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!