Sunday, January 26, 2020

Glassine Bags - decorated

I joined a Swap to alter three glassine bags for my assigned partner. 
I've never heard of these bags, but learned that they are food safe 
and can be used for giving cookies or craft goodies.


These bags can be found online, as well as at Hobby Lobby. 
There are many colors available online. 
Hobby Lobby only has white & kraft colors. 
Sizes range from 4" x 6" to 5" x 7".
The larger size, in my opinion, is much better for decorating.


I wasn't quite sure how to decorate these bags, 
but did find some information on Pinterest. 
Also, one of the swap participants said she was going to treat them 
as though she was creating a card.
I could really relate to that, so I did the same thing!
That certainly helped me a LOT!

I'm pleased with the end results.
I had so much fun! 

A tip when using these as gift bags....

They are flat bags that don't expand.
Be extra careful when stuffing them with goodies!
  • I figured out a method to use when loading the bags with goodies -
    • fold a piece of card stock; place your goodies inside the card stock; then slip the whole piece into the bag. 

Rather than trying to individually put goodies inside and risk ripping the bag, 
this simple method made it a breeze!

Here is an example.
The folded card stock contains pieces of ribbon lace. 
This whole piece (folded card stock filled with goodies) can now be easily inserted into the bag.
***The bag isn't expandable, so don't over stuff!***

Thanks for taking a peek!
 Check out my detailed posts on each individual bag I decorated - 

Mintay paper collection "Dear Diary" was used for all 3 bags.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!