Saturday, January 11, 2020

Pets Memorial - Lena

This is my newest addition to the Pets Memorial wall hanging.
Today I'm introducing you to the ever sweet, Lena.
She was a friendly stray that showed up one day.
Her photo was taken in 1996.

Lena's photo is in a 4 x 6 frame that I've spray painted in "Satin Silver Lilac". 
Her name plate is made with air dry clay using Prima's IOD Mould "Labels 1".
It's heat embossed with Fran-táge color "Aged Ivory". 

Lena had the prettiest green eyes, but in this photo she's squinting a bit.
She was mostly black with the other usual Calico colors of white & orange.
Her personality matched her beauty!

I really wanted Lena's frame to be sort of a "WOW Factor". 
With this thought, I chose to use the whole chipboard piece
"Persian Ornament" by Blue Fern Studios.

I decorated it with pink & purple Wild Orchid Crafts roses
and gorgeous ReneaBouquets "Cherry Blossom" butterflies in her Tiny Treasures line.

This piece is heat embossed in Fran-táge "Shabby Pink
which has a light pink base filled with gold flecks and white clumps.

Look how detailed and pretty ReneaBouquets butterfly is!
I love decorating with her products!

The opposite side of the frame is decorated with a piece of "Persian Ornament
that I cut to the size and shape I wanted.  
Using the same pink & purple color scheme, a different assortment of Wild Orchid Crafts flowers was used.

You can really see the gold flecks in this photo!

Here is the updated Pets Memorial wall hanging with the addition of our wonderful Lena.




Now for Lena's story....

Around 1989, when my daughter was 5, 
I was going through a divorce so we lived a few years with my parents.
One day, this beautiful Calico cat showed up in the backyard.
She was a bit assertive, but in an almost desperate & pitiful way.
We realized she just wanted love & acceptance.
She was very healthy, so we decided to keep her. 
My daughter named her "Lena Halloween".

This was the sweetest kitty!!!  OMG!!!
She became a welcomed companion for my Dad, who adored animals,
and would follow him in the yard as he worked in his flower beds. 

Years later, my mother met a lady who lived several blocks away. 
Somehow in the conversation, the story of Lena was told.
It turns out that this lady lost a Calico cat named Lindsey, 
who apparently was sleeping in the truck bed and jumped out when it stopped,
ending up in our backyard!  

She was so grateful to know that we had taken her in and cared for her. 
I think this conversation was meant to happen. 
 How many people get to find out the outcome of a beloved lost pet?!

Poor Lena died from cancer. 
After having surgery to try to save her life, she lived another happy 3 months
before many lumps returned, so we had her peacefully put to sleep.

She was a wonderful pet with unconditional love & trust that we had to say good-bye to.


Thanks for viewing my creation. 
I've got just two more to go to finish decorating all of my beloveds for the Memorial wall hanging!
Have a great day, Lisa >^..^<

Products used:

Blue Fern Studios - chipboard
Persian Ornament

ReneaBouquets - Tiny Treasures Butterflies
Cherry Blossom

Dusty Attic - chipboard
Upper ABCs

Prima IOD Mould
Labels 1

Polyform Air Dry Modeling Clay

Wild Orchid Crafts - flowers
(30mm) 2-tone Baby Pink & Ivory Wild Roses

(10mm) Lavender Open Roses

(20mm) 2-tone Pink Open Roses

2-tone Lilac Heather

(15mm) Purple Open Roses


Stampendous - Fran-táge embossing powders

Aged Ivory sample


Shabby Pink sample


ColorBox - Limited Edition Pigment Ink
Raisin

Rustoleum  - spray paint
Satin Silver Lilac

Adhesives
Beacon 3-in-1

Elmer's Foam Tape

Tombow Mono Glue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!