Friday, January 3, 2020

Pets Memorial - T.T.

Today is another update to my Pets Memorial!

This handsome big boy is T.T.
He was my very first cat & is the reason for me loving cats!
His wonderful story is at the end of this post.

His photo was taken in 1978,
when photo quality wasn't good like today.
I'm so very happy that I have photos of T.T.
My Dad was holding up some food in front of him.

T.T. is the only one with a vertical photograph on the Pets Memorial wall hanging.
The 4 x 6 frame is spray painted in beautiful "Satin Silver Lilac". 
The name plate is made from air dry clay using Prima's IOD Mould "Labels 1"
and is heat embossed in Fran-táge "Aged Ivory". 
The Dusty Attic "Uppercase ABCs" are inked in "Raisin" color.

Since T.T. is the only boy on the Pets Memorial wall hanging, 
he certainly deserved something a bit different than the rest. 
So, using Dusty Attic "Teeny Tiny ABCs" I spelled out "MY BIG BOY" 
and acrylic painted the letters in "Vanilla" color.

After adhering "MY BIG BOY" to the edge of the frame, 
each side of it was decorated simply with a single Wild Orchid Crafts Cherry Blossom 
and Dusty Attic "Laurel Sprigs".
I cut the laurel sprigs into four pieces; heat embossed them in Tim Holtz's EP "Distressed Shabby Shutters"; and then adhered them to the frame to form leaves for the flowers.



T.T. is the only boy I've ever had, 
so keeping decorations simple without an abundance of flowers 
makes his frame extra special.

On the right side of the frame, 
Dusty Attic's "Heart Swirly" was a perfect fit!
I heat embossed it with Lindy's Gang gorgeous EP color "Midnight Violet". 

I wanted the hearts trailing from the Heart Swirly piece to stand out,
so they are heat embossed in Tim Holtz's "Distressed Fired Brick". 


Thank you for your visit!
Have a great day,
Lisa >^..^<


Here is the update to the Pets Memorial with the completion of T.T.


T.T., which by the way stands for "Tiny Tiger", was my very first cat. 
He was born in a litter of two from a stray we named Sunshine.
He was the cutest little fluff ball and we thought he was a girl - LOL!


T.T. grew to an enormous size and quickly became the King of the neighborhood.
Looking back now, I feel so sorry for all the male cats he most likely killed.
I now believe he may have had Maine Coon genes
because his father (named Buckwheat) was larger than him.  

By day, T.T. stayed indoors to sleep and was the biggest love bug!
He just adored me as much as I did him!
Walking home from school I could see him in the driveway 5 houses away waiting for me.
When he'd see me or I'd whistle, he'd come running to me so I could fling him over my shoulder.

One remarkable story that I must share with you that is absolutely 100% true.......
I heard a lot of barking outside in the front of our home.  
I looked out the big picture window and saw T.T. laying on the driveway relaxing - 
literally RELAXING!
He was laying with his head up and his tail gracefully flipping up & down.
He was surrounded by 3 HUGE dogs!!!!!!!
They were ready to tear into him.
I panicked!
By the time I reached the front door and opened it,
three large dogs were literally running away YELPING!!!
There sat T.T. - he was sitting up by now.
What was I supposed to think?
He pulled a fast "Ninja Swipe Move" apparently! LOL!

Unfortunately, urinary crystals is how he lost his life. 
I don't think at the time that they had figured out how to cure this,
or perhaps we just didn't have the money for surgery costs.
I had to put him to sleep. 

God bless T.T. and many thanks to him for my present day love of cats!

Products used:


The Dusty Attic
Heart Swirly

Laurel Sprigs

Uppercase ABCs

Teeny Tiny ABCs


Prima IOD Mould
Labels 1

Polyform Air Dry Modeling Clay

Wild Orchid Crafts flowers
Cherry Blossoms

Rustoleum spray paint
Satin Silver Lilac

Embossing Powders

Aged Ivory sample



Ranger TH - Fired Brick

Ranger TH - Shabby Shutters

Lindy's Gang - Midnight Violet


ColorBox Limited Edition Pigment Ink
Raisin

Michael's - Acrylic Paint - "Vanilla" color

Adhesives
Beacon 3-in-1

Elmer's Foam Tape

Tombow Mono Glue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!