Thursday, December 7, 2017

My Top Faves for 2017

Can you believe that yet another year has almost passed?!

Time for my personal picks of favorite creations this year!
A lucky baker's dozen ended up being the magic number. 
I liked everything I created this year, but
I loved each of these the most for different reasons.
Here they are in alphabetical order........


1976 Stylish -

I love this fabulous photo of my beautiful Mom!
This layout was really enjoyable to create - 
Color experimenting on the chipboard pieces, spraying the background to give shading, 
layering tags & cut outs and making flower arrangements.
The hummingbirds added a very special touch since Mom favored these little birds.
I couldn't wait to use them after I received them from my sweet friend, Mary!

A daughter is a gift from Heaven - 
I don't do splatters often so I love how this one turned out! 
Purple is my favorite color and 2nd is blue.
Mostly though, the photo captures my heart and reminds me of how lucky I am.


Beautiful - 
I absolutely love the simplicity of this one!
I love the feminine feel and especially how my beautiful daughter rocks those jeans!


Best Friends - 
I love my bestfriend, Carmel.
I'm so happy that I created two virtually identical layouts so we both could have one.


Jane Belaire - 
I adore this 'sassy' photo of my gorgeous mother at age 17.
Her hair is fabulous!!
I love the gorgeous chipboard and the flower arrangements, as well as the photo strip!
Of course I love the purples....did you think I'd not mention that? ha!


Lucy's Beloved String - 
Need I write one word?  This is just so self explanatory!  
Lucy is a stealer of hearts!  ðŸ’—💜💚💙💗


M is for Marvelous!! - 
This is the first time that I've used various layered die cuts as the design and I just love how it turned out!
The vibrant colors with Brianne's fabulous photo really make the whole layout look amazing!


Mardi Gras Paisley - 
Here I am again loving all of the purple tones!!
I love this one not only for the colors, but that fabulous paisley chipboard! WOW!
BTW, Paisley is a favorite shape of mine.
I love all of the flowers, including the ones printed on the paper, but what makes it extra special are those luscious deep purple beauties handmade by my special friend Carrie!


Pop & Grandma's House - 
This one appeals to me because I've never made a layout like this before....
Meaning that I didn't use a photo as the focal point. 
Also, I don't journal, but I did on this one!
A document of my wonderful childhood memories visiting my Grandparents.


Pretty as a Picture - 
I love, love, love this photo of my Mom. 
This gorgeous paper blows me away too!


Tranquil - 
The teal color with the oranges & yellows are so beautiful together.
My daughter's photo is so serene and breathtaking!
Angling the chipboard to be parallel with Brianne's back was the right thing to do.
I'm really excited how the wood grain stencil looks like water!


The Gali Girl - 
Miss Gali is an exceptionally gorgeous Birman girl.
I LOVE this photo of her!
I'm so pleased with the daintiness of this layout because The Gali Girl is so dainty.
I just love the combination of flowers & especially those adorable spiral stamens.
I'm so very happy how the inking of the brick chipboard turned out too!


Unconditional Love - 
Last, but not least by any means is my precious Pepper.
I love the purples in this layout, especially the plums.
Pepper has brought a huge piece of my heart with her to The Rainbow Bridge and I know that we will meet again.  I also know that she is very happy & healthy and enjoying being with her Pop & Mom once again....
and this brings comfort to my heart.


Thank you so much for taking time to view my personal faves for 2017. 
I wish you all a very healthy, happy & prosperous 2018!
Lisa : )

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful both in picture and your beautiful thoughts, reasons, and feelings. Everything you do is so gorgeous and meaningful, i can just imagine how hard it was to pick a few. I know you never give yourself enough credit for what you do, so I will do it for you. You are at the top of be best in scrapping and I am so very proud of you. I am so grateful that I have been able to watch you grow in this and see all your wonderful artistic work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. Your comment brought a tear to my eye. Thank you so much! It means so much to me. xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. Lisa, I sure can't top Lorna's sweet comment, but I agree with all she has said. It has been another wonderful year of scrapping and your talent amazes me! I agree you don't give yourself enough credit, but let me tell you when I first started, I was intimidated by your work and aspired to create anything half as lovely--and still do!! I love your style, it is all you. I can tell immediately your work, even if you covered up the pictures of Miss Gali, Lucy, or Brianne (or you, on the more rare occasions LOL!). I love your work, and I love your friendship even more, lovely lady :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, your words are so humbling. Your feedback is very special to me. You are very special to me and I value our friendship deeply. Thank you for your kind words. I'm truly speechless. XOXOXOXO Lisa : )

      Delete
  3. Wow Lisa! That sure was a beautiful bunch of layouts this year. All of them are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracy! Your support means the world to me!
      xoxoxo Lisa : )

      Delete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!