Monday, June 26, 2017

Lucy's Beloved String

This adorable photo of Lucy pretty much says it all!
When a wand toy gets "broken" (that's when the toy on the end gets pulled off) 
I usually throw the wand part away, but not this time!  All that's left is a string attached to the wand.  

Seems quite useless, but Lucy proves it otherwise!
She really adores her string!  It's her most favorite toy now >^..^<
I couldn't resist scrapping this iphone photo that I took May 20th.....
Lucy's holding her string with her 'clawsies'.  >^..^<  hee hee

I used Blue Fern Studios paper in the Happy Accident collection that has 
light blue (because of Lucy's eyes) and beige & white (for Lucy's colors).  
The photo is adhered to cardboard for a little raised dimension. 

BFS Doodle Corners chipboard reminds me of string!
I used them to frame Lucy's adorable photo.  
They are heat embossed in BFS Imagine Ink color Starry Night.  WOWOWOW!  
What a perfect match to Lucy's eye color!!

Next I die cut jet black cardstock using the new Sizzix (Tim Holtz) Alpha-numeric script dies for the title.
 I absolutely LOVE them!!!  
The capital letters are 1" and small lowercase ones are 1/2".  
A wonderful size for scrapbooking , card-making, tags, etc.
I kept most of the letters separated, but they are designed to overlap each other 
to form a full script word, as you can see examples of both below.

Cute black & white Baker's Twine from Michael's bargain bin is perfect to zig-zag around the layout edge.
To the upper right of the photo, I heat embossed Blue Fern Studios brick stamp 
in the Essential Textures set with their Imagine Ink color Oatmeal.  

More views of the pretty Wild Orchid Crafts flower clusters I placed on either side of the photo.




I always really appreciate visits and also wish you a very happy week!
Please come again,
Lisa : )


Products used:

Blue Fern Studios - 
used Backside of "Blessing" page
used the brick texture

Oatmeal

Doodle Corners chipboard

Starry Night


Sizzix - 
Alpha-numeric Script by Tim Holtz

Big Shot Machine

Magnetic Platform

Tattered Lace - 
Ferns

Wild Orchid Crafts flowers - 
Chrysanthemums

Carnations

20mm Open Roses
(used flesh & blue colors)

15mm Open Roses

Cottage Roses

2-tone Aster Daisies

White Aster Daisies





Glues - 
Tombow Mono Liquid Glue
(used on chipboard & title)

Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
(used on flowers, leaves & string)


Michael's - Black cardstock; Black & White Baker's Twine

5 comments:

  1. WOW this is a beauty! The photo is precious and you scrapped it to perfection (like always!) Loving the blue--you are right about the eyes and using that color! Great work on the flower arranging too! LOVE!-just saw on facebook and came right here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lisa! Love how you used the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how cute is this?! I LOVE what you did with the string...how perfect is that for the gorgeous photo of little Lucy [the Bad]! Those Tim letters are GREAT! Love the brick embossing, too! Love it all...this may be one of my new favorites! Oh and I LOVE how the chipboard matches so perfectly with those amazing Birman eyes!!! Beautiful! My cat had a zillion toys...but she loved her leather string most of all haha! I can still hear those little feet pattering across the floor. Fur babies :) They're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Lucy gals are beautiful! Both debuting on the same day, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout, Lisa. I love how you've embellished it. That string wrapping around the page is just perfect for the subject at hand. The flower groupings are just so pretty, and so is that subtle brick embossing work. Great job !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!