Sunday, December 10, 2017

2017 Old-World Santa Christmas Cards

It's that time of year again - 
Sending out handmade Christmas cards!

In December 2016
I was already envisioning an Old-World feel for my 2017 Christmas cards. 
I drew a crude design (that’s me-unskillful in the drawing department
of what I had in mind and by February had made most of the card embellishments – 
NO, this is not a typo! LOL!

However, during the year I occasionally spent time 
meticulously inking the tiny leaves of each poinsettia die. 
For 16 cards that added up to 144 die cuts!

Using the gloriously gorgeous Maja Design (Sweden) paper collection Vintage Frost
I created my Old-World Santa-Rudolph cards.

I also created another card with a simpler design using the same 
gorgeous Maja Design papers from the Vintage Frost collection.

These are smaller than the other ones 
because I decided to make TWO cards with one scrapbook page, 
whereas the 'Santa-Rudolph' cards were ONE card per 12x12 scrapbook page!

I named these the "Santa Snowflake" cards.

Here are the two cards on display together.


Merry Christmas everyone!!
Lisa : )

for my process documentation & extra close up photos, 

4 comments:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!