Thursday, November 2, 2017

1976 Stylish

Welcome!  Today I'm once again sharing my gorgeous mother with you!
This time, she's 46 years old and oh what a beauty she is!!
My mother was very stylish and kept up with the trends of the day.  
Notice the "70's" collar of her jacket and the pretty scarf tied around her neck?


I used the beautiful Blue Fern Studios Homespun collection page named Home Sweet Home, as well as scraps I have from the same collection that I either distressed or made into tags.

I started by stamping an 'X' stitch with Technique Tuesday In Stitches clear stamps 
all along the edge of the layout to match the cross-stitch designs in the paper.
Then I sprayed the focal area with Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio retired color Ruby Red Slippers.
  
Pretty Blue Fern Studios lace was added for a feminine touch, as well as their Chained Bits chipboard.  
I gesso-prepped the chipboard and then heat embossed it with Blue Fern Studios Imagine Inks 
Goldilocks, Nutmeg (a touch darker than Goldilocks) and Rusty Rose.  
To the Rusty Rose, I topped it with Lindy's Stamp Gang EP color Stardust Candy Rose.
  WOW!!!  It really tones done the 'orangy' of the Rusty Rose and gives it more of a rose color.  LOVE IT!


Flower arrangements with leafy die cuts added pops of color and femininity!

A sweet friend of mine, Mary, gave me these precious hummingbirds because she read
 that my Mom loved these little birds.  Aren't they wonderful?!




Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful upcoming weekend!

Lisa : )


Products used:

Blue Fern Studios - Papers
Front for main LO & back for a distressed cut out

cut outs for some tags

back for a cut out


Blue Fern Studios - Chipboard
Chained Bits

Blue Fern Studios - Lace
Lace 3

Blue Fern Studios Imagine Ink Embossing Powders
Goldilocks

Nutmeg

Rusty Rose


Lindy's Stamp Gang - Flat Fabio retired spray Ruby Red Slippers;Embossing Powder Stardust Candy Rose
Reneabouquets - Hummingbirds (from sweet Mary)
K&Company - Butterfly stickers
Engraved Garden

Technique Tuesday - clear stamps 
In Stitches

Spellbinders Shapeabilities Dies
Foliage

Inks
Fired Brick

Nightfall - Creamy Brown


Prima flowers
Moi aussi, Je t'aime - item 586263

Petaloo flowers
Mini Canvas Garden Rosettes - Yellow

Wild Orchid Crafts flowers
2-tone Burgundy Cherry Blossoms

2-tone Yellow Aster Daisies

25mm Rose Pink Cottage Roses


Adhesives
for flowers, photo & hummingbirds

for cut outs 

for chipboard


Sizzix
Big Shot Machine

Magnetic Platform


Michael's Arts & Crafts Store - Baker's Twine, Liquitex Professional Clear Gesso, Clear Rhinestones (recolored with Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink color Red Pepper)

6 comments:

  1. Your blog posts are always so beautifully detailed! Beautiful design, colors, pprs,flowers, hummingbirds, and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout! Love all the details especially the stamping around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on FB when you first posted it and can't get over how lovely your mom is! I wish I had that kind of style! I always feel so out of place trying to be fashionable LOL! Jeans and a T for me, and I'll admire your mom's style instead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! I'm the same way - jeans & T-shirts!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!