Saturday, May 13, 2017

Jane Belaire (circa 1947-48)

This young beauty became my Mom! What a gorgeous young lady she was!  
I believe that this photo was taken around 1947-48 when she was 17-18 years old.  
I just LOVE her hair!!! 

Mom loved birds so I chose paper that had birds on it from the Blue Fern Studios Timeless collection.  
I also chose this paper because of the gorgeous purple tones in it.  I'm a "purpleholic", as most already know, 
and besides, I'm anxious to try out the new Plum Imagine Ink embossing powder!  

I used all Dusty Attic chipboards, so perfect for the feel of this layout. 
Boy don't these lacy pieces look phenomenal, especially in luscious Plum?! WOW WEE!



Using my Exacto knife, I trimmed the edge of a pansy flower 
that is on one of the calling cards in the same BFS Timeless collection.  
The corner of the photo could then slide under the pansy.  
The whole piece made a nice frame for the photo.
  
Other pieces from the same paper collection were arranged under the photo.  
A portion of The Dusty Attic small film strip chipboard with my Mom's photo in it was lightly inked 
with jet black archival ink.  I didn't want it solid black but more 'worn' looking.

I did just a bit of punching & inking the layout edges, 
followed by creating some pretty flower arrangements.
The Dusty Attic birdhouse chipboard is perfect!
Blue Fern Studios Imagine Ink EP color Wheat is gorgeous! It sparkles!





I've entered this layout of my beautiful Mom in the More Than Words May 2017 Challenge
All of the requirements and details are here.

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you can come again!
A very Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely Mom's, 
especially my own, who I hold dear to my heart and think of so very often.  
Lisa : )

Products used:

Blue Fern Studios papers & embossing powders
Front side for Main Layout

Front & Back sides for under photo

Plum

Wheat


The Dusty Attic chipboards
Lacey Trims

small Filmstrips

Bird Houses


Martha Stewart punch
Lace Flowers

Tattered Lace die
Paradise Ferns

Sizzix
Big Shot

Magnetic Platform


ColorBox Limited Edition Pigment Ink
Raisin


Ranger Archival Ink
Jet Black

49 and Market Flowers
Vintage Shades Bouquet
Orchid

Vintage Shades Blossoms
Orchid


Wild Orchid Crafts flowers
Purple English Roses

2-tone Rose Pink Blush
Wild Roses 30mm

Brown mix Sweetheart Blossoms

Pink Open Roses 10mm

Earth tone Wild Roses 30mm


6 comments:

  1. I love it! That little film strip with the little pictures in it. So clever and cool! The Plum Imagine Ink is GORGEOUS and those Dusty Attic chippies are perfect! And of course the bird houses for the bird lover is the perfect detail. Your mom was such a knockout. I love her hair too! I have actually tried to recreate hairstyles of the past, and it is hard! I love this photo...perfectly captures a nanosecond of time, when she was young and carefree and the sun was shining...what a beautiful memory and wonderful tribute to your mom this Mother's Day weekend. I know she is smiling down on you with pride and love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Carrie, your comment really makes me feel so warm and fuzzy all over - in a good way of course! LOL! Yes, you understand photography so well. What a wonderful photo! Unfortunately, someone's big thumb print, as well as other blemishes have marked it up a bit. But, I can still see Mom's beauty! Thanks for your friendship and always so kind and generous comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect interpretation of our challenge with such beautiful detail.
    Thank you for joining us at More Than Words this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely page and yes, indeed, your mom was a very beautiful lady! I absolutely love your choice of flowers and that plum embossing powder used on the chippies! So happy you could play along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and yes love that purple embossed chippies. Thank you for playing along with us at More than Words xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning page! Love the color choices! Beautiful photo of your mom! You did her proud! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!