Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Pop & Grandma's House (3rd layout for Blue Fern Studios October Fan of the Month)

The gorgeous Blue Fern Studios new Homespun paper collection has such a nice nostalgic feel!  
The Homestead page immediately brought back wonderful memories of going to Pop & Grandma's House!


I usually have a photo as the focal point on my layouts, but I did something I've never done before 
and here is what I came up with!

There are so many wonderful cards on the Calling Cards page!  
I went all out, but hey, they fit the theme of my layout - Grandma's fabulous cooking!  
The fussy cut corner pieces are adhered with foam tape for dimension.  



The center focal area is a 6x6 piece from the backside of the page Picturesque
I made this into a pocket using foam tape on three sides and then placed it in the center of the page. 
I decorated it using cut outs from the Calling Cards page and some cute flowers. 

Blue Fern's Scalloped Border chipboard is heat embossed with their lovely new color Goldilocks.  
To coordinate with the layout, I lightly brushed it with white gesso and added some mini pink & mint roses.


Next I printed (using a piece from the page Craftysome memories I have as a very young child going to Pop & Grandma's.  My journaled card fits perfectly inside the pocket.  I punched & inked the edge for femininity.  
A small wooden clothes pin is decorated with words from the Calling Cards page and some gold nail heads.


Here is the front of my journaled card:
see below the photo for the journaled words
Pop & Grandma’s House
Delightful scents from Grandma’s kitchen
always filled the entire house.
Everything was made from scratch and
never once was a written recipe used!

My very most favorites that Grandma cooked
were her Rump Roast with dark Southern gravy & 
her homemade Fig Tarts were the ultimate best!

She would walk around the table to make sure that everyone
had filled their plates before she would serve herself.
What a darling love she was!

My love of cooking has been handed down from Grandma Romero.
I learned how to cook several family recipes & carry on tradition.
Now when I smell my own “roast with rice & gravy”
or take the exhausting time to make homemade fig tarts,
I just can’t help but remember those wonderful smells
from Grandma’s kitchen!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the back of the card I adhered a laminated photo of Pop & Grandma Romero
 celebrating their 50th Anniversary!  This is exactly how I remember them. 

Notice that the backside of the clothes pin has the rest of the sentiment on it. : )


I'm speechless with the stunning wedding lace from Blue Fern!!
I just HAD to use it on this page!
After all, not only does it look super fabulous, but it significantly resembles 
Pop & Grandma's Golden Anniversary!  How perfect is that?!

I placed a photo of Pop & Grandma's house where it could be easily seen.  
I don't know when it was taken but I'm guessing from the style of the cars 
that it could possibly be in the 1930's. 


Now it's time for my most favorite part of the decorating process....Creating beautiful flower clusters!
I used Blue Fern's Christmas Blooms and they are gorgeous!  
The Blue Fern Seedlings I used inside some of the flowers look fantastic don't they?

The backside of Blue Fern's Timeless collection page Maçonnerie was used to die cut the piney leaves.

I just LOVE the house printed on this Homestead page!


This has been one of the most enjoyable layouts to create!
I so appreciate you stopping by to take a look.
You can also go to Blue Fern's site for my post there.

I'll be back for my final Fan of the Month layout next Wednesday & hope you'll drop by!
Have a wonderful week!  Lisa : )

Products used:


Blue Fern Studios - 

Homespun paper collection:


"Homestead" - main layout

"Calling Cards" - cut out decorations

"Picturesque" - backside 6x6 piece for pocket

"Crafty" - printed journaled card



Timeless paper collection:

Maçonnerie (backside for piney leaf die cuts)

Embellishments:
Christmas Blooms

Scalloped Border

Lace 9C



Imagine Ink Media:
Goldilocks


Fir Tree

Mauve


Martha Stewart Punches - 
Crotchet Loop

Doily Lace

Rose Leaf


Tattered Lace dies - 
Ornate Leaves
Wild Orchid Crafts - 
2-tone Mixed Open Roses - 10mm
(used mint)

2-tone Champagne Pink Open Roses - 20mm

Mixed Pink Open Roses-10mm
(used pale pink)

2-tone Mixed Open Roses - 10mm
(used pale pink & rose centers)


Sizzix - 
Big Shot

Magnetic Platform 


Michael's - Gold Nail Heads; small wooden Clothes Pin

ColorBox Pigment Inks - Hunter Green; Rouge; Berrylicious
Creamy Brown & Chestnut Roan
(Nightfall Petal Point)

Adhesives - 
Foam Tape (cards & fussy cutting)

Beacon (flowers & piney leaves)

Tombow (chipboard)

Scor-Tape (photo on back of journaled card)


6 comments:

  1. What an amazing layout, no wonder Blue Fern Studios chose you. Your work is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lorna! You've always been such a great support for me!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, Lisa! Love the pocket and card in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo wonderful Lisa. I love what you have done with all the elements that just scream love and happy memories. They would be so proud! This is so unique and a little different than your norm and I love it! Very creative! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not my norm! But it was a blast creating it! Thanks for your wonderful support! It means the world to me!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!