Monday, August 28, 2017

Welcome to the Marcy Jungle

For those that may not quite understand this title....I used the title of a fave song by Guns & Roses 
"Welcome to the Jungle" because Marcy, my Grand-kitty, looks like she's on the prowl and don't get in her way!  This totally awesome photo was taken by my daughter, Brianne, in April 2010 in our back yard. 
Such a gorgeous cat and quite the little bitch too >^..^<
But that doesn't deter my love for her.  
Don't you just love the natural 'eyeliner' that's around Marcy's eye?!

I've really loved this page for a long, long time and just never felt that I had the 'right' photo for it.  
This is Blue Ferns Studios Tranquility collection page named Patience.
I used another BFS page in the same collection under the photo.
Just a minimal amount of scrapbooking was needed 
because I love to use the beautiful print on the paper as part of my design. 

You have to know Marcy to really understand the 'huntress' in her.  
She can spot a lizard (lee-zard as we tell her) a mile away!  ha ha!

I decided to keep this layout simple and focus 100% on the beautiful photo of Marcy!
I randomly punched the edges and then under-laid the backside of BFS Serenity paper.
Stenciling was done with Versamark and BFS Imagine Ink embossing color Sand & Sea
Sand & Sea has a very dark concrete color base with a beautiful blue over-tone.  YUM!

I chose to use The Dusty Attic chipboard Branches & Berries to frame this gorgeous photo!
Heat embossing it in BFS colors - Sage for the leaves & Black Sand for the stems & berries.
As you can see, the Black Sand EP is a light mushroom color with jet black specks.

My flower choices were in coordination with the photo.
Marcy has a beautiful earthy tone in her fur, so I picked this same flower color and then enhanced them with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst color Wake Me Up Before You Go Gold (retired color).  WOW!
To these I touched the petal tips with ColorBox Pigment Ink color Chestnut Roan.
Also I added some green wild roses that I touched the petal tips with Curry color.  Another WOW!


Below Marcy's photo I chose to place a beautiful Petaloo Anemone in Pistachio color.
Along with a white resin birdcage by The Paper Studios collection at Hobby Lobby, I painted it sparingly with Prima Finnabair art Alchemy acrylic Metallique paint color Brass Hardware. 

This was a very welcomed relief for me during a very heartbreaking time, which I will talk about later. 

Thank you so much for visiting and have a wonderful week dear friends,
Lisa : )


Products used:

Blue Fern Studios - Tranquility collection - 
main page - front
under photo - back side

under photo - back side



Black Sand


Sand & Sea

EK Success - punch - 
Scroll & Dots

The Dusty Attic - chipboard - 
Branches & Berries

Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz layering stencil - 
Crossed

Petaloo Bontanica collection flowers -
Anemone - Pistachio

Wild Orchid Crafts
Earth Tone Curly Wild Roses -30mm

Earth Tone Hip Rosebuds

Green Mix Curly Wild Roses - 30mm


Prima Finnabair - Art Alchemy acrylic paint - Metallique Brass Hardware -

Recollections - Black pearls
Hobby Lobby - Resin Birdcages

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Lisa! Love the stenciling, punching and chipboard finish especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate your support Tracy! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa - I saw this layout on your fb posting in Paper People and had to come over to get a better look. I really love this layout, especially the stenciling and what you did with the chipboard pieces. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Kathy! I really appreciate that you took time to visit! Lisa : )

      Delete
  3. Beautiful use of the Blue Fern products! I know you love ALL your pets and am sending warm wishes for your hurting heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Sandi! I especially appreciate your comforting for e during this heart breaking time. Hugs & Kisses, Lisa

      Delete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!