Sunday, August 20, 2017

En Vogue1

Over the past few days I've been working on two layouts of my daughter.  
These professional photographs of her are Vogue style. 
(You can also view the partner layout titled En Vogue2).  
Since the photos are similar, I wanted to scrapbook them similar.  
Brianne is not only a natural beauty, but she's also very photogenic.  
She has maroon dye in her hair and don't you absolutely love the heart on her lips?!
Photography by Jack Potts of Houston, Texas
I was thrilled to have two matching pages from the Blue Fern Studios Mémoires collection 
in the perfect garnet color to begin creating the two similar layouts.  
Headband ribbon, resembling the open knit sweater Brianne is wearing, 
was adhered horizontally in the center of the page.
The photo is mounted on two pieces of cardboard - one on the top & one on the bottom 
to be able to fit evenly over the ribbon.

I recently received my order from Wild Orchid Crafts and was able to use the pretty daffodils I bought 
that are a beautiful flesh-cream color with deep red centers!  
I used WOC long grass with them because daffodils have long straight leaves.
  
Let me show you some close ups. I love pretty flowers!


I always experiment with colors and techniques using 'test chipboard' - (the pieces you normally throw away).  
After a few different tests, I settled on ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink in Dark Brown to color 
the gorgeous Dusty Attic Ornate Corner #6 pieces. I love it!  
I used a craft nib dabbed on the ink pad to color all of the intricate 'insides' of the chipboard for an even coloring.  Then I sprayed the pieces with Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio (retired color), Ruby Red Slippers.  Lastly I randomly dabbed on some ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink color Maroon

The Dusty Attic Fancy Trim #2 chipboard under the photo is acrylic painted 
with a mixture of colors (Sand, Fawn & Light Pinkto closely match the Fleshy Cream in the daffodils. 
The edges are inked in Creamy Brown.

Here you can see both chipboard pieces and the brown-maroon color variations.




Thanks so much for your visit and please come again!

Have a great day, Lisa : )




Products used:

Blue Fern Studios - Mémoires Collection - 
Songbird's Drama - Backside

The Dusty Attic - Chipboards - 
Ornate Corner #6

Fancy Trim #2



ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink - Petal Point 'Nightfall' set - 
used Dark Brown, Creamy Brown & Maroon inks 
Ranger - Craft Nibs & Holder
Craft Nib Holder

Replacement Nibs


Lindys Stamp Gang Flat Fabio - Retired color Ruby Red Slippers 


Wild Orchid Crafts - 
Cream-Deep Red Daffodils

Green Long Grass


Hobby Lobby - Whisper White Headband ribbon; Sand, Fawn & Lt. Pink acrylic paints


Adhesives - 
Tombow Liquid Glue
(for chipboard pieces)

Scor-Tape
(for photo & ribbon)

Beacon 3-in-1
(for flowers)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!