Sunday, August 20, 2017

En Vogue2

Over the past few days I've been working on two layouts of my daughter.  
These professional photographs of her are Vogue style. 
(You can also view the partner layout titled En Vogue1).  
Since the photos are similar, I wanted to scrapbook them similar.  

Brianne is not only a natural beauty, but she's also very photogenic.  
Photography by Jack Potts of Houston, Texas

I was thrilled to have two matching pages from the Blue Fern Studios Mémoires collection in the perfect garnet color to begin creating the two similar layouts.  
Headband ribbon, resembling the open knit sweater Brianne is wearing, 
was adhered horizontally in the center of the page.
The photo is mounted on two pieces of cardboard - one on the top & one on the bottom 
to be able to fit evenly over the ribbon.

I recently received my order from Wild Orchid Crafts and was able to use the pretty red lilies I bought!  
I used silk long leaves from my stash that I removed from some artificial stem flowers.  
  
The color tones & variations in the red lilies are such a great accent with the paper!

I always experiment with colors and techniques using 'test chipboard' - (the pieces you normally throw away).  
After a few different tests, I settled on ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink in Dark Brown 
to color most of the pieces. I love it!  
I used a craft nib dabbed on the ink pad to color all of the intricate 'insides' of the chipboard for an even coloring.  Then I sprayed the pieces with Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio (retired color)Ruby Red Slippers.  Lastly I randomly dabbed on some ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink color Maroon

Starting with the fabulous and intricately detailed Dusty Attic Layered Corners, I used Prima's Finnabair White Crackle to coat the bottom layer.  Once dry, the top finished layer was adhered.  
Look at the color variations in the top layer!

On the sides and below the photo, as well as along the bottom of the layout, is The Dusty Attic chipboard Fancy Trim #5.  These were colored in the same way as the top layer of the corner pieces above the photo. 

Thanks so very much for the visit and hope you can come again!
Have a great day!  Lisa : )

Products used:

Blue Fern Studios - Mémoires Collection - 
Songbird's Drama - Backside

The Dusty Attic - Chipboards - 
Layered Corners

Fancy Trim #5


ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink - Petal Point 'Nightfall' set - 
(used Dark Brown & Maroon inks)

Ranger - Craft Nibs with Holder
Craft nib Holder

Replacement Nibs


Prima - Finnabair White Crackle Texture Paste - 


Lindys Stamp Gang Flat Fabio - Retired color Ruby Red Slippers 

Wild Orchid Crafts flowers - 

Red-White Mix Lilies

Hobby Lobby - Whisper White Headband ribbon

Adhesives - 

Tombow Liquid Glue
(for chipboard)

Scor-Tape
(for photo)

Beacon 3-in-1
(for Flowers & leaves)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!