Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Butterfly Skull

 From Kerby Rosanes latest coloring book, Kaleidomorphia,
I chose this awesome skull!! 
This is a coloring book that 'demands' the unusual with colors.

I even gave her rosy cheeks!

Here are the rosy cheeks up close.

Doesn't she appear to be laughing?

Because of all of the butterflies, 
mostly on top of her head, 
I decided that her head needed to be green....like a meadow.

I selected certain colors and stayed with those 
to make the butterflies very bright.  
The close up photos of them really show the flaws 
that come with coloring very tiny details....
(i.e. coloring outside a line; not fully coloring in a space).
But, I'm very pleased with the colorfulness of this page. 


Now for the FUN part!
Kerby Rosanes is known for inserting objects or animals into his drawings.
Those 'things' that just do NOT belong. 

Well, check this out!
First - the 5 of Clubs playing card -

And the snake - 


Coloring is REAL THERAPY!
I LOVE it!


Thanks for stopping by to view the close ups!
Have a wonderful day...
and stay safe!
Lisa

Products used:

Kaleidomorphia by Kerby Rosanes

Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils


Prismacolor Colorless Blending Pencil

Sakura Electric Eraser


Grumbacher Fixative Spray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!