Friday, July 26, 2019

"Thank-Yous" to Lisa & Gabbie

In April, my wonderful BFF and I took a mini-vacation to beautiful Florida!
The first part of the trip was spent on the sponge docks in Tarpon Springs, a Greek community.
There we met Lisa & Gabbie Gregory!!
Many of you know Lisa Gregory and the stunning creations she makes.

Although long time online friends, I was THRILLED to meet these wonderful ladies in person!
We shared laughs and a great lunch at Hellas, the best Greek restaurant. 

Although it's been 3 months since our fun time together, 
I just needed to thank them for taking time to travel to meet with us
They were gracious and hospitable hostesses for their beautiful state!


First is Lisa's card.
The inside of the card has a personal hand-written note to Lisa.

Mintay by Karola paper collection "Birdsong" is so beautiful!
The shabby chic look of this collection reminded me of Lisa.
The card measures 5" x 7-1/2".

First I made a shaker piece using a fussy cut. 
I made my own shaker mix of peach/coral seed beads; antique copper & kiwi colored microbeads; and Finnabair copper glass glitter.
Wrapping the shaker piece in jute added to the shabby look.


I decorated the card mainly with fussy cuts; popping up some of them with foam tape.


For more dimension, I added a few coordinating Wild Orchid Crafts flowers.








I also made a 3-1/2" x 5" note card and an envelope to hold it.
A computer printed note to Lisa is enclosed.
The envelope was tied in place on a gift bag I enclosed.



Thanks for viewing Lisa's card!


==============================================================

I had the honor of meeting Gabbie, who is Lisa's daughter. 
And they brought precious Charlotte too!
Charlotte is Gabbie's daughter; Lisa's Granddaughter.
WHAT A TREAT for me!!

Thanks to these lovely ladies, I now have wonderful memories that I'll always remember!

Here is Gabbie's card.


The card measures 6" x 6".
I made a pocket on the front, which holds a 3-1/2" x 5" envelope with a note card inside.
Gabbie's special thank you is handwritten on the note card.
To the back of this note card, I added some fussy cut butterflies.

The front of the card is decorated with light peach pearls and 
a small flower arrangement of coordinating Wild Orchid Crafts flowers.

I just love the printed images on this paper!

I used the pretty EK Success punch "Jewel" along the edge.


I made a shaker for the inside of the card.
I used the same homemade shaker mix as I did for Lisa's card.

It's always a good idea to hold on to older stash......you just never know when you'll want to use it!
Webster's Pages sticker letters "Fairy Tales" had the darker minty teal color I wanted to use!
This is the inside of the card fully opened.



Here is a close up of the shaker I made.
It's wrapped in jute just like I did Lisa's.


Thank you for viewing Gabbie's card!

Have a great week!
Lisa >^..^<

Products Used:


Mintay by Karola - Birdsong collection
Lisa's main card & note card

Lisa's Envelope

Cut outs for Shakers

Gabbie's main card

Gabbie's envelope & note card

Fussy cuts




Tattered Lace Dies
Ornate Leaves


Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
25mm Peach Cottage Roses

10mm (2-tone) Minty Blue Open Roses



EK Success Edge Punch
Jewel

Webster's Pages - Storyteller letter stickers
Fairy Tales


Tsukineko - Versa Magic Chalk Ink
Jumbo Java


Tools
Sizzix Big Shot Machine

Sizzix Magnetic Platform



Fiskars 12" Portable Cutter

Martha Stewart Circle Cutter
(cut acetate sheets to specific size)

Martha Stewart Scoring Board


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!