Sunday, November 12, 2017

Pocket Card Holder

What a lazy Sunday afternoon it's been!
Hubby got settled in to watch the NASCAR race and after I got a few (and I mean just a very few
house duties accomplished, I wanted to spend time relaxing and not 'think'.  
I'm sure some of you have felt this way before.  
You want to be creative but not have to think a lot about design, colors, techniques,etc.
  
I spent my lazy Sunday afternoon making a pocket (or box) envelope so I could put the 
handmade keepsake cards that I've received from dear friends in a safe place. 

I've had this gorgeous Prima Garden Fable paper for forever it seems 
and never quite knew what I would do with it until now! 


To create this card holder, I used the same technique described in my tutorial "Tutorial ~ Pocket Envelope".
I hot glued pretty green trim all around the box and tied it off to make a handle.
Since I love the print in the paper, I only added a few flowers & a small stencil design to the left side. 

For the stencil, I colored modeling paste with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst color "Frosted Forget Me Nots
which is a very pretty blue & unfortunately yet another retired color.  
Once the stenciling was almost dry, I used a small paint brush and dabbed it on the Distress Ink pad color "Dusty Concord" and then dipped it in a bit of water.  
I lightly brushed some of the trailing vines in the stencil to add a bit of purple pop!  
You all know how much of a purple-holic I am!


A small flower arrangement with some berry sprays finished my piece!



Lastly, I hung my pocket card holder on a 3M Command hook 
so it's in my scrap area out of the way, but easily accessible.  
Wait 'til "Lucy The Bad" discovers it!!!  LOL   >^..^<


Thanks for dropping by and I hope your upcoming week is glorious!  Lisa : )

Products used:


Prima - Garden Fable collection
Garden Fable page

TCW (The Crafter's Workshop) 6x6 Stencil
Mini Moving Vines

Liquitex - Professional Modeling Paste

Lindy's Stamp Gang - retired Starburst spray color Frosted Forget Me Nots
Tim Holtz Distress Ink -
Dusty Concord

Martha Stewart - Hot Glue Gun

Flowers:
Prima
Kindled - "Beryl"

Wild Orchid Crafts -
White Bead Berry Spray Cluster

Michael's Recollections - lilac colored rose
Hobby Lobby - green braided trim
Handmade by Carrie - green flower

4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, and I love the idea of it! I have all my handmade keepsakes in a binder, but I love the idea of having them right out in the open (where the cat's can also "admire" them!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee hee "where the cats can also 'admire' them" - what you REALLY meant is so that Lucy the Bad can bat at it in an attempt to knock it off its hanger - LOL! Thanks for the sweet & funny comment : )

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card holder! Great idea! I hope "Lucy the Bad" hasn't discovered it yet, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! To date, Lucy hasn't discovered it, but I'm sure it won't be long - HA!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!