Thursday, November 23, 2017

Grateful for you ~ Two Special People & Two Prima Zella Teal cards

I've really been enjoying making cards 
with the new Prima Zella Teal collection!  


I made two very similar cards recently - this first one is for my BFF, Carmel.

This one is for my daughter, Brianne.

I made the cards 5" x 7" size using light taupe colored cardstock.  

Floral Stories backside was cut into a 3" x 6-1/2" strip; distressed & inked on the edges; 
then adhered to the left side of the card.

I created a custom die cut using Spellbinders Labels Twenty Two.  
My step by step photo tutorial shows exactly how I made this custom shaker die cut.  

To the center of my custom die cut, 
I used the 2nd smallest die in the Labels Twenty Two die set to cut out where the shaker will be.

For my BFF's card, I cut out the square piece 'grateful for you' from the Live Loudly page.
This became the background for the shaker part.
 Silver microbeads were used as the filler.

For Brianne's card, I punched out the same words 'grateful for you' with a 1-1/2" circle punch.
To her card, I acrylic painted letters to spell "SO" and placed them above the circle cut.
Silver microbeads were also used as the filler.

Once everything was assembled and adhered, I decorated each card with a few Zella Teal flowers.
This one is Carmel's - 

For Brianne's flowers, I sprayed the large gray one with Lindy's Stamp Gang Glitz Spritz Scintillating Silver & the small ones above it with Starburst Teeth Chattering Teal (now a retired color).  
Both of these sprays added lots of shimmer!

I went a step further and made a magnetized flap closure envelope for Brianne's card.
I'm putting together a tutorial for this type of envelope and will post it soon.
UPDATE: Here is the tutorial!

First, here is the envelope for Brianne's card.
I used the exact Prima Zella Teal papers as I did on the card.

One more look at Brianne's card & envelope.



Thanks so much for your visit and I hope you can drop by again some time!
Hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Lisa : )

Products used:

Prima Zella Teal collection -




Floral Stories
(backside for left side strip)

Zella Teal (for custom die cut)

Live Loudly
(for words in the shaker)

Teal Love

Wanderer

Grands Adventure





Wild Orchid Crafts - 
White Long Stem Stamens

Martha Stewart punch - 
Monarch Butterfly

Spellbinders Dies - 
Labels Twenty Two

Hobby Lobby - Paper Studio punch - 
1-1/2" Circle


Sizzix Die Cutting Tools - 
Big Shot Machine

Magnetic Platforrm


The Dusty Attic chipboard - 
ABC Lowercase

ColorBox Chalk & Pigment Inks - 
Nightfall set - (Creamy Brown)

Wild Hare


Gary Burlin's Acetate Sheets -  

Michael's - light taupe cardstock; Silver microbeads; Warm White acrylic paint 
Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays - Starburst Teeth Chattering Teal (retired color) & Glitz Spritz Scintillating Silver
Adhesives - 


Beacon 3-in-1
(for flowers)

Scor-Tape
(for papers & die cuts)

Foam Tape
(for shaker boundaries)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I'm sure Carmel and Brianne will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy! They both loved their cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!