Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Bee Mandala

 This is a bee mandala from Melpomeni Chatzipanagiotou's
Nature Mandalas coloring book.
I've had my eyes on this page for a number of years
and finally settled on how to color it.

One of the things that makes coloring so enjoyable
is being able to color outside the norm.
In other words, 
I didn't color the bees in their natural color,
but rather chose colorful combinations instead.

I chose a light sage green for the background.
For added interest, 
I drew a perfect circle in a slightly darker green
to show case the center of this page.

These are all of the colors I used on this page.

Let's take some close looks at each of the corner bees
and their coordinating honeycombs.
Each of the honeycombs have dainty little flowers woven together.
I colored all 4 sets of flowers alike and added tiny white pearls to their centers.

I chose 2-tone purple.

This one is lime green with a purple-pink.

This one is lavender & blue.

Lastly, this one is 2-tone aqua.


In between the four corner bees are identical
flower arrangements that I colored the same on each.

Finally,
the center is colored more natural, using golds & browns.

I'm so happy you came to see my coloring
because it was a lot of fun for me.
I hope you have a very blessed day.
Lisa >^..^<

Products used:

Nature Mandalas coloring book by Melpomeni Chatzipanagiotou

Prismacolor Premier colored pencils - 150 set


Faber-Castell Polychromos colored pencils - 120 set


Curate Colour Pencil Sharpener


Sakura Eraser


Grumbacher Final Fixative Spray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!