Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Blue Mayan Monkey

I started coloring this a very long time ago and never got around to finishing it.
But now I have, so here it is......
Unusual to say the least!

The reason I colored the monkey blue is because I wanted to make it a fun page and not so much a 'realistic' look.
On the opposite page in the coloring book, 
I colored this Sphynx cat in a fun way.
I believe that the artist, Kerby Rosanes,
did a fun play of spellings - 
Egyptian sphinx & Sphynx cat - ha!

Here it is - 
you can click on it to be redirected to its post in my blog.

A few close ups of the Mayan Monkey page....

Check this out!
You see the purple cat?
Well, further down in this post, 
you will see the cat I colored years ago 
side-by-side with the Mayan Monkey.
Kerby Rosanes, the artist, always hides the subject 
that is on the adjacent page in the illustration.








Lastly, here are both the Blue Mayan Monkey 
and Sphynx Cat in an Egyptian World side-by-side.

I hope that you enjoyed my coloring.
It was very much fun!
Have a blessed day everyone!
Love, 
Lisa 

Products used:

Kerby Rosanes Worlds Within Worlds Coloring Book

 
Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils


Sakura Eraser



Prismacolor Colorless Blending Pencil


Grumbacher Final Fixative Spray
 

2 comments:

  1. These are super cool. I noticed the cat on both pages. Interesting story behind your choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!