Monday, May 27, 2024

Kudu Forest Village

Boy did I have more fun coloring this one!
I kinda hated for it to end - LOL.

This is from my very most favorite coloring book 
"Worlds Within Worlds"
by Kerby Rosanes.

I used a photo of a real kudu to determine where I wanted to draw the dark, 
almost black lines around the ears & eyes.  
I also made dark lines to trim the top of its head, 
which I chose to be a mix of browns and greens 
as it ascends to the village that sits atop its antlers.
It's a mini forest!

This is the kudu photo I used as a guide.
They are magnificently gorgeous animals!

I chose to make the village with all the same colored houses
so that they blend in with the surrounding forest.

In the photo below, find the 'snow globe' that Kerby drew in.
Kerby does this with the main object that is on the next page in the coloring book.  
The next page in the coloring book 
is a snow globe with a living world inside of it
that I will color someday.



Near the mouth you will find a dragonfly
and on the other side, a snail with its shell!

Throughout the forest, I used the same colors for 
foliage and flowers that resembled each other. 
I like to do this for consistency.
Besides, it makes the whole coloring more interesting to use a mix of colors, 
just as you might see in real life.


Thx so much for the visit.
Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Lisa

Products used:

Kerby Rosanes Worlds Within Worlds Coloring Book

 

Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils


Sakura Eraser



Prismacolor Colorless Blending Pencil

Grumbacher Final Fixative Spray

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!