Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Sphynx Cat in an Egyptian World

I'm sure some of you are pondering the title I made for this one.
Well, a Sphynx (hairless) cat is not Egyptian at all,
but has the same pronunciation as the mythical Sphinx statues.


I began by coloring the background, starting at the bottom.
The blue just wasn't blending well at all. 
So I topped it with two other blues.  
I really wasn't happy at all and almost gave up even coloring this page. 
I decided since I felt I had 'messed up' the whole page 
that I would just color a rainbow of different colors.  
That's how I ended up with yellow, purple & pink. 

I used unusual colors for the cat because the rainbow background 
just 'made me do it'!
I chose a Black Cherry color.....ohhhhhhh!
Isn't it fantastic?!
And those stunning apple green eyes!

I LOVE the way the artist drew the front paw!!!
My Miss Gali does that when she's trying to reach out 
and grab a wand toy as it's whizzing by.  
TOO CUTE!

How impressive to have the long tail weave through the Egyptian stones!

With all of this color, I just couldn't have a sandy colored Egyptian stone city without pops of color for interest!
I'll begin by showing you a sphinx of King Tut.

Note: the apple is the unusual 'surprise' that the artist hides in his illustrations!

A few more up close looks. 



I'm very pleased that the 'happy accident' background led me to choose the color for the cat and to add pops of color in the stone city.

Thanks for viewing and have a great day!
Lisa >^..^<

Coloring Book: Worlds Within Worlds
Artist Illustrations by: Kerby Rosanes



Products used:

Prismacolor Premier 150 Colored Pencil Set

Prismacolor - Colorless Blending Pencil

Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - Metallic Gold #551

Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - Black


Prismacolor Sharpener


Sakura Electric Eraser


Grumbacher Final Fixative

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! What an amazing image and I love how you coloured it Lisa. The rainbow background looks amazing and the purple cat looks simply awesome!! I love it!!! Your colouring is superb! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!