Friday, February 2, 2024

Diana's 2024 Birthday Card

 A new year of creating has begun!
The first birthday card I create each year is for my very dear friend, Diana, 
for her February 3rd birth date.
She's a retired landscaper and so the 
49 and Market Curator's Botanical collection seemed so fitting for her!
She loves plants, flowers, butterflies & friendly insects.
This is a stunning paper collection!


I decided to start using some excess stash that I might not otherwise use.
I have generous 6" x 8" paper packs in my 49 and Market collections, 
as well as 12x12 papers that I can cut into 6x8 size.
I also decided to do something totally different.
I won't fold the paper and instead, 
I will decorate the front and back with interesting elements,
 many of which are in the same paper collection!


I wanted to do a shaker and rather than creating one, 
I simplified it by using Tim Holtz's Clear Domes!
SO EASY!
I LOVE IT!
In Diana's shaker, I printed a Happy Birthday in Curlz MT font
 and cut it out to a 1-1/2" sized circle.
This is the perfect size for the dome.
The filling is a mixture of Prills.
Then I accented the shaker with pretty bubble sticker strips.

NOTE: 
Since Prills are round and tend to roll, I found it easier to invert the dome so it's like a bowl; then poured the amount of Prills I wanted.
Removed the adhesive from the dome; 
then carefully & evenly placed the cut out circle on top.  
The evenness insured that none of the filling would come out.


The Ephemera Bits offer so many choices!
From sayings to tickets and more.



A small pretty floral arrangement is set on top of ephemera bits.

I always say with much conviction that any creation is more beautiful 
if it has one or more of ReneaBouquet's products!
My faves are the butterflies, moths & dragonflies.
I chose the prettiest lavender & silver moths for Diana's card.




This year, I'm planning the same concept 
for all of the birthday cards for my dear friends. 
Each will have a clear dome shaker on the front & flat decorations on the back; 
Utilizing laser cut elements & rub-ons that I choose especially for them.
Each will also have their own personal computer-printed sentiment.  
Hopefully they will all have a floral arrangement and 
either butterflies, moths or dragonflies on them!

I adhered filigree silver metal corners. 
They really add bling and beauty!

Now for the back of the card....
Rub-Ons & Laser Cut Elements decorate this card beautifully.
The personalized sentiment is in Bradley Hand ITC font.
Isn't this purple & green rub-on exquisite?!

Look at this beautiful butterfly rub-on!

ReneaBouquets NEVER disappoints!
I LOVE her hummingbirds!
The details on the 'Printed Beautiful Board' are impeccable and
OH SO GORGEOUS!





I made a Box-in-Box Envelope for this large 6x8 card.
One fits inside the other, to hold the card in place. 
This actually stands up on its own, like a book on a shelf!

I used one of the gorgeous papers in the same collection as the card.
Then I chose a solid as an accent.
This is the front.


This is the back.

Here's the fronts - card & envelope.


Here's the backs - card & envelope.


Thank you so much for viewing Diana's special birthday card.
I'm very blessed to have her in my life!

I hope that each of you has a very blessed year!
Lisa >^..^<


Products used:

49 and Market - Curator's Botanical Collection
6" x 8" Paper Pack (main card)

This is the 12x12 page in the collection
showing the details that are on the same
6x8 size used for the card


Ephemera Bits
(the tickets under the flowers)

6" x 8" Rub-Ons


Laser Cut Elements



Envelope Papers:

49 and Market - Curators Botanical
"Flutterology"

Bazzill Cardstock
"Royalty"

======================================================
Shaker items:

Scrapbook.com Metal Nested Circles Die
to cut out the "Happy Birthday" words


Tim Holtz - Dimensional Clear Dome
for the automatic shaker!

Mark Richards - Crystal Stickers - 3mm Lavender
used to circle the edge 
of the shaker


USArtquest - Prills mixture
"I Cannot Tell a Lilac"
from the Bright Ideas Prill Set

"Baby it's Cold Outside"
from the Rock & Roll Prills Set
======================================================

Wild Orchid Crafts - Flowers
Ivory Calla Lilies

MINI Purple Gardenia

Baby Blue Aster Daisies

Deep Yellow Gypsophila

2-tone Lilac Heather

Lilac Doublehead Pearl Stamens


Green Medium Grass



Tattered Lace Leaf Die - Paradise Ferns


ReneaBouquets
Tiny Treasures Moth Set
"Sunset"

Itty Bitty Printed Beautiful Board
"Magical Hummingbirds"


Filigree Silver Metal Corners
I used the small size



Tools
Sizzix Big Shot Machine

Sizzix Magnetic Platform


Basic Grey Rub-On Tool

Adhesives
Recollections
Foam Adhesives Circles

Recollections
Foam Adhesive Squares


I use Super Glue
on metal embellishments.
Used on the metal corner pieces.

Nuvo Craft Glue

Martha Stewart Hot Glue Gun

Scor-Tape

2 comments:

  1. WOW - WOW - WOW - What a creative piece of art!!! You pulled out all the stops with this gorgeous card, Lisa. You could not have done it more perfectly. Attention to details is evident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the wonderful compliment! I had so much fun creating this one!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!