Thursday, January 5, 2023

Best of Times

 Another wonderful lunch spent with my sister and brother-in-law
at Union Kitchen restaurant in beautiful Cypress, Texas
on a cool April 9th day in 2022.
Great food and always great company!

I love this ARToptions Plum Grove collection 
because of the beautiful prints on each page.  
I love to incorporate and not cover up beautiful print like this.
It works perfectly with only a couple of small floral arrangements. 
I chose this page because the colors in it matched so well 
with Vicki's crocheted shawl.

For the title, I went with this ephemera piece......

Just so you know, 
I've made my sister and myself each nearly duplicate layouts!
This one will hang on my "Family Wall" of layouts.

All flowers, the white-ish seed pods, a color wash rub-on and ephemera pieces 
are all from 49 and Market.

Let's look closely, though, at the plum-purple seed stems.
These tiny beauties were a drab tan
until I colored them with Lindy's Magical color Plum Knödel Purple!


I curved into a circle, a stem containing three plum flowers.
Then I curled the stem tail by wrapping it around a paint brush handle. 
It became the perfect piece for the plain top corner of the layout.
I used floral ephemera from the same collection to enhance the flower arrangement and to tie it all in with the prints at the bottom of the page. 
Just below it, and along the side of the photo on the layout,
I applied a color wash rub-on in a nice olive-y green.

I cannot say enough about the astonishing ReneaBouquets butterflies. 
OMG!
These are exceptionally gorgeous, aren't they?
I replaced the antennae with copper ones I made myself, 
just to make them different. 


Here are more photos of the beautiful butterflies I used on this layout.
I'm running low and am out of some...TIME TO REORDER!

You can see the chipboard border trim I selected to line the photo.
I inked them in a beautiful coordinating Boysenberry color.




Butterflies, moths & dragonflies really beautify a layout!


I wish 49 and Market would sell just packs of seed pods!
I 'stole' these from other flower packs. 
I love what they do for a flower arrangement!

This is the other flower arrangement I put together.

I've really enjoyed scrapbooking this and the previous one I posted 
of me and my sister.  
It felt great to create again!


Best to all in this new year. 
I pray for world peace, better leadership, health and happiness.
Lisa

Products used:

49 and Market - ART options-Plum Grove collection

page named "Bountiful"

Color Wash Rub-Ons
(used the olive green top right corner of photo)

Ephemera
(used the title words adhered to the top left of the photo)

Laser Cut Wildflowers
(used with the top right corner flowers)


49 and Market flowers
Wildflowers - Plum

Florets - Plum

Maura's Vineyard - Merlot

Maura's Vineyard - Rosé

Vintage Shades Potpourri - Cerise


ReneaBouquets butterflies
Tiny Treasures - Debutante

Tiny Treasures - Mid Winter's Dream

Dbl side printed Magical Miniatures
Mid Winter's Dream


Dusty Attic chipboard
Fancy Trim #9


Tattered Lace dies
Paradise Ferns

Ferns


Hobby Lobby Paper Studio embellishments
Tan Berry Sprigs


Ink & Mica Powder
ColorBox Pigment Ink - Boysenberry
(to color the chipboard border around the photo)

Lindy's Magical Set Deutsch Desserts
(used Plum Knödel Purple on the berry sprigs)


Tools
Basic Grey Rub-On Tool


Adhesives
Scrapbook.com Foam Adhesive Sheets
(used under the photo)


Recollections Foam Adhesive Circles
(used under some of the butterflies)

Beacon 3-in-1
(great for adhering flowers)

Nuvo Glue
(for adhering the chipboard border)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!