Friday, June 3, 2022

The Red Squirrel & The Robin - Ken Matsuda Art

 What a FUN page to color!!
I mimicked the colors of a red squirrel and of a robin. 
This is another fabulous drawing by Japanese artist Ken Matsuda.

I used Faber-Castell Polychromos Colored Pencils. 
I'm having a trying time with them. 
They are as smooth as butter, 
but I can't seem to not have streaks! 
Hopefully I will learn how to better handle them. 

The ground and the background are colored using 
Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel Colored Pencils.
These are very chalky colored pencils that really require blending.
I love to use them for backgrounds. 
Using a Q-Tip to blend the coloring works very well. 
For this page I didn't fill in the background completely, 
but rather left it in desired streaks.

Here are a few close up photos. 


With such a whimsical drawing, 
the mushrooms just had to be colorful!

Thanks again for dropping by!
Have a great weekend,
Lisa

Products used:

Ken Matsuda Coloring Book


Faber-Castell Polychromos Colored Pencils


Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel Colored Pencils


Prismacolor Sharpener


Prismacolor Colorless Blending Pencil


Sakura Electric Eraser


Grumbacher Fixative Spray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!