Monday, June 6, 2022

Cock of the Walk - Ken Matsuda Art

 I'm a little obsessed with coloring right now, 
but unafraid of burn out....
too many fabulous artistic, unusual drawings to peak my interest!
You'll understand why I titled this coloring "Cock of the Walk". 
WOW!
You can just TELL that he's struttin' his stuff!

I researched roosters on the internet to get an idea of their coloring. 
I was totally BLOWN AWAY!!!!
The colorful roosters are incredibly stunning birds!
I honestly never knew this about them.

They have bright yellows, orange, red, purples, blues 
and even irridescent emerald greens!
I felt that 'anything goes' with a rooster. 
So, that's what I did.....made Mr. Handsome very colorful!

I did learn something in my coloring of him.
In some areas, I had too many layers of colors
 that were all applied with more than the usual pressure. 
This caused waxy build up. UGH!
But, I've learned & hopefully won't make this mistake in the future. 




Thx for visiting & have a wonderful day!
Lisa

Products used:

Ken Matsuda's Coloring Book


Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils


Prismacolor Colorless Blending Pencil


Sakura Electric Eraser


Grumbacher Fixative Spray

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!