Thursday, May 14, 2020

I Love My Lucy Lu

I'm very excited to share my newest layout 
of the ever adorable & very beautiful Lucy.
I get the most enjoyment from scrapbooking my cats!

"Lucy Lu" is one of Lucy's MANY nicknames. 

49 and Market's "Irrevocable Beauty" collection
is an all time fave of mine. 
It's gorgeous beyond words!

Playing off of the purpley-magenta printed flower in the bottom corner, 
I chose card stock & ink in Boysenberry colors!
Oh how pretty!

This ultra cute Dusty Attic chipboard became part of my title.
It's inked in Boysenberry color, 
and the heart shape with the kitty silhouette 
is heat embossed with Blue Fern Studios "Wheat",
which sparkles in the right lighting. 

The other half of the title (Lucy Lu)
are Dusty Attic chipboard letters inked in Boysenberry.
Doesn't the stencil look amazing?!

My layout started with stenciling;
then adhering Lucy's photos onto shimmery Boysenberry colored card stock.
The photos were then adhered onto the layout. 
The one on the right side, where Lucy is looking directly at me,
has adhesive foam sheet under it to raise its height above the other photo. 

Then the flower arrangements and leafy elements were placed.
Here are some photos of them. 

I'm sure that you noticed the stunning dragonfly...
well it's none other than ReneaBouquets, of course!
I have such high respect for Renea because of her one of a kind artwork 
and the care & quality that goes into each piece. 
Butterflies, moths, bees & dragonflies really 'complete' a project, in my opinion.
Check out these dragonfly close ups!
They are the PERFECT color for my layout!



Now onto some more flowers...





I handmade the rolled flowers in the same card stock that's under Lucy's photos.
I came up with the idea and had to figure out how to 
easily place stamen in the centers - for extra "oomph". 
(I'll post a picture tutorial shortly)
Isn't it so cute?!

I cut up The Dusty Attic's "Wild Flower #5" chipboard piece
because it was a little too large for the space.
This time, I layered a piece on top of the main one.
I think it makes it look more realistic. 
A new discovery for me (ha!)

Thank you so much for dropping by!
Hope you are staying safe and healthy. 
Lisa

Products used:


49 and Market - Irrevocable Beauty paper collection
"Courier"

ReneaBouquets - Dragonflies
"Spring Equinox"
Tiny Treasures

"Spring Equinox"
Tiny Treasures


The Dusty Attic - Chipboard
I Love My Cat


UPPER ABCs

Lowercase ABCs

Wildflower #5

Laurel Sprigs



TCW - 6x6 Stencil
Dotted Rings

Flowers
49 and Market
Maura's Vineyard - "Merlot"

Wild Orchid Crafts
Purple English Roses

Wild Orchid Crafts
2-tone Antique Blue Open Roses

Wild Orchid Crafts
Blue Tone Hip Rosebuds

Wild Orchid Crafts
Baby Blue Cherry Blossoms

Wild Orchid Crafts
Blue Open Roses

Wild Orchid Crafts
Baby Blue Dbl Head Pearl Stamen

Wild Orchid Crafts
Purple Mix Apple Blossoms


Tattered Lace Dies 
Ornate Leaves

Hobby Lobby - Paper Studio Punches
2" and 3" circles
(for making the rolled flowers)

Ink & Embossing Powders
Pigment Ink "Boysenberry"


Blue Fern Studios
"Wheat"

Ranger - Tim Holtz
"Shabby Shutters"


Adhesives
Beacon 3-in-1 Glue

Tombow Mono Glue

Recollections
adhesive foam squares

Liquitex Professional
Matte Gel

Scrapbook.com
Foam adhesive sheets


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!