Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Evelyn 1902

In 2014, I discovered Evelyn Nesbit in my computer search for vintage ladies.
She was an early 1900's Super Model with an interesting life story.
I was totally obsessed and so I made several layouts of her. 
Among these creations, I have a few favorites that hang as decor in my home.
This is the layout I made today.

I've been redecorating my home, using my layouts, as a change and new direction in my life. 
All are hung by Velcro Command Picture Hanging Strips in each corner - no nail holes!

I have a spare bedroom that I found a quilt for the bed that has purples in the design.
Another Evelyn Nesbit layout was needed to coordinate with one I created in 2014.

Here are the two, side by side.
"Evelyn" - Created in July 2014
Fabscraps French Heritage paper collection
"Lilac Delight 2"

"Evelyn 1902" - Created today in June 2019
Fabscraps French Heritage paper collection
"Lilac Delight 1"

I used many of the same embellishments so these layouts would look good together.
To start, same beautiful Evelyn Nesbit in 1902; her name "Evelyn" in black; purple as the main color; same paper collection; distressed layout edges with purple cardstock underneath to accent; distressed photo & the paper under it; diamond-shaped bling; identical thimble embellishment, with both being heat embossed in Lindy's Stamp Gang EP color Silver Moon Orchid (retired); a silver key wrapped in rosebuds; Stickles applied to the printed roses on the paper; silver bead berry spray clusters; gray stick-on pearls; metal corner pieces;  Wild Orchid Crafts roses and white lace Prima flowers. 

I've entered my new layout in this month's Challenge at More than Words
Wish me luck!  Fingers crossed : )

Here are close up photos of the flower arrangements showing the similar embellishments used.
Purple toned Wild Orchid Crafts roses; silver bead berry spray cluster; diamond bling; glittery numbers; gray stick-on pearls;
Stickles on printed roses; distressed photo & paper under it.


Purple Wild Orchid Crafts flowers; white lace Prima flower; rosebud wrapped silver key
Thimble embellishment heat embossed in LSG Silver Moon Orchid EP; Evelyn's name; metal corner piece; diamond-shaped bling;
silver bead berry spray cluster; Prima white lace flower



Evelyn's layouts now flank a canvas titled "Butterfly" that I made in 2016.


Thank you so much for stopping by.
Have a great week!
Lisa >^..^<


Products used:


Fabscraps - French Heritage paper collection:
"Lilac Delight 1"

Wild Orchid Crafts flowers:
15mm 2-tone Lilac Open Roses

4mm Pastel Rosebuds (purple)

20mm Purple Open Roses

Silver Bead Berry Spray Cluster

Purple Hip Rosebuds

40mm  Purple Tea Roses

30mm Purple Cottage Roses

35mm Purple Trellis Roses


Prima flowers:  
Lavender


Lindy's Stamp Gang:  EP Silver Moon Orchid (retired)

Ranger: Frosted Lace Stickles

Michael's - Recollections:

  • Gray stick-on Pearls
  • Diamond-shaped 'Bling on a Roll'
  • Black glitter alpha stickers

Momenta: metal key

Art-i-Cake: thimble embellishment

Aliexpress: filagree silver metal corner pieces



9 comments:

  1. Oh wow - this is amazing! I love how you've coordinated the two layouts so they can be displayd together. What a perfect take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us again at More Than Words Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful idea on your original layout. Thank you for joining us in the More Than Words challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Scraplift is beautiful! I really like the sweetness of your creation. It makes a great decoration for your room
    Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely idea of scraplifting! Beautiful projects! Thank you for joining in the More Thank Words challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What beautiful artwork for your room both layouts have turned out to be! Love the colours! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work! Thank you for playing along with us at MTW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you chose to display them on your wall.
    They look fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! What a beautiful work!
    I love that trio, it really looks so nice together.
    Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!