Monday, June 17, 2019

Friendship Shaker Tag for Rocky

My Friendship with Rocky is very special.
It truly enriches my life! 
I'm so blessed to have her as a great friend.
So, I made her a tag to let her know this.

I used an older Maja Design collection that I absolutely LOVE...Enjoying Outdoors.
I'm such a purple-holic. 

First, the papers and chipboard are cut.
Although the very thin die isn't able to cut all the way through chipboard,
it does cut it enough to make it easy to finish with a pair of scissors.
The papers are adhered to the chipboard and the sides inked in Raisin color.
The tag size is 4-1/2" x 7-3/4".


Next, I die cut and adhered the circles to form the shaker part of the tag.
Clear acetate, die cut in a solid circle, is glued to the back.
For added stability, an open circle is die cut using thin cardboard sheet & glued on top of the acetate. 
(I use the thin package cardboard insert that comes in a 24-pack of canned cat food >^..^<)


I've been so anxious to use my newest purchase of Buttons Galore shaker sequin mixes 
in their 28 Lilac Lane collection.  
This one is "Plum Fancy", which is a mix of purples & clear round sequins and stars.
I also mixed in a few seed beads in purple, lavender & green. 

 I placed the sequin mix where I was going to put the circle shaker. 

After lining the backside of the circle piece with adhesive foam....

it was placed on top of the sequin mix pile to create the shaker.
Voila!


I love 'resurrecting' some older stash. 
I added the beautiful printed chipboard dragonfly from K&Company - Susan Winget collection...  


A pretty flower arrangement finishes the front of the tag.


The word 'Friendship' is computer printed using the same paper that's on the back of the tag.
A tag hole is punched and seam binding is run through and tied.

I made a pocket for the backside of the tag, using one of the journaling cards from this paper collection.
A small die cut tag is placed in the pocket and has a personal written note to Rocky.

Jolee's Boutique dimensional stickers from my older stash spruced up the back of the tag!




Thanks so much for visiting!
Have a great week!
Lisa


Products used:


Papers:
Maja Design - Enjoying Outdoors paper collection - 
"Autumn Picnic"
(front of tag & shaker circle)

"Garden Creatures" (backside)
(back of tag)

"Scent of Lavender"
(for Shaker Circle)

Tags & Journaling Cards
(for pocket and small tag insert)



DCWV - Neutrals Cardstock -
(for Leafy die cuts)


Dies:
Scrapbook.com Nested Tags - 


Spellbinders Nestabilities - Standard Circle - 


Tattered Lace - Paradise Ferns - 


Embellishments:
K&Company - Susan Winget Adhesive Printed Chipboard


Buttons Galore - 28 Lilac Lane Premium Sequin Mix
"Plum Fancy"


Jolee's Boutique - Dimensional Stickers - Lovely Lilacs


Flowers:
Prima - Bundle Flowers
Lavender color


Wild Orchid Crafts
Purple Cherry Blossoms

2-tone Pink/Ivory Aster Daisies

10mm Purple Open Roses



Inks:
"Raisin"

"Dark Moss"


Tools:
Sizzix Big Shot

Sizzix Magnetic Platform

WeRMemory Makers
Crop-a-Dile



Adhesives:
Scor-Tape

Foam Tape

Beacon 3-in-1 Glue

Tombow Mono Glue




4 comments:

  1. A truly stunning tag Lisa! I love the papers, the flowers and that gorgeous little dragonfly, and the shaker element adds that extra bit of pizzazz!!! The back is decorated beautifully too! Love the idea of the pocket with the jounrnalling tag inside. Your friend will surely treasure this! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous. Loving all the details used to create this masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!