Wednesday, September 24, 2014

She watches

I’ve been in ‘cat scrapping mode’ lately!  Here is another LO of my sweet, precious Sophie.  My daughter took this awesome photo of Sophie as she lay in my flower garden among the sprouting lilies.  Behind her, the purple verbena was starting to bloom.  Sophie LOVED to lie among the flowers and hide.   Sometimes her amber colored eyes took on a green tone, especially when she was out in the sun.

I decided to do something totally different from how I usually scrap and cut 1” strips of paper; stamped most of them with a flower that looks like hand-drawn loops; then embossed some with a clear kaleidoscope color and others with “the mother of all purples”: Lindy’s Stamp Gang 'Imperial Crown Purple Gold'; lastly I placed them geometrically on the page.   The grays, white & greens in the paper collection I chose by ‘Me & My Big Ideas” seemed perfect for my little gray & white tabby.  The purple verbena gave me the inspiration to add purples.  I love purple.  It’s one of my fave colors.  Amazing how many tones it has.  The purple rhinestones actually look blue-ish next to the other purples (by itself it looks purple though).  

Once the strips were down, I used white gesso, deep purple acrylic paint and gunmetal gray metallic acrylic paint to make splatters all over the layout.  

I also thought it might be a little artsy to place the left & right sides of the photo in their respective places on either side of the center photo.   I’m not one to really like symmetry, so not centering the photos was on purpose….not a mistake. : ) 

This is such a busy LO that I decided to add some stenciling and ‘messy’ spreading of modeling paste.  This also gave me a good spot to put the title.  Then came the flowers (deep purple ones have LSG Glitz Spritz 'Scintillating Silver' on them to spruce up the LO a bit); then the rhinestones; resin gate and little stamp that says ‘the best moments’. 

Thank you again for taking time to view my blog!  I appreciate it SO very much! 
Have a wonderfully memorable day!  Lisa : )     

Products Used:
Me & My Big Ideas – Specialty Cardstock
DCWV – Neutral Metallic cardstock
Bazzill – Classic Purple textured cardstock
ColorBox pigment inks: Purple Hydrangea & Raisin
Lifestyle Crafts alpha die – ‘Dragonfly Mini’
Prima Ingvild Bolme Distress Tool
Hampton Art – large wood mounted rubber stamp “Ditto” flower
Stampendous! embossing powder – “Kaleidoscope”
Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder – “Imperial Crown Purple Gold”
Lindy's Stamp Gang Glitz Spritz - "Scintillating Silver" 
White gesso
Acrylic Paints – Deep Purple & Gunmetal Metallic Gray
Americana stencils – “Tin Ceiling” & “Jacobean Floral”
Liquitex modeling paste
Flowers: Recollections & The Paper Studio “Purple Vintage #2”
The Paper Studio Spare Parts - resin gate
Prima cling mounted stamps – “Printery”
Want2Scrap rhinestones - purple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!