Monday, September 15, 2014

Dad you are so very loved ~ Happy Birthday!

Happy September 15th Birthday Dad!

I always tell my Dad ‘happy birthday’ the morning of his birthday.  I know he hears me from Heaven.  Dad passed away 9/4/2011, just shy of his 85th birthday.   This year, for his birthday, I decided to scrap a page with one of my most FAVORITE photos of him. 
Here it is:


This photo was taken at Christmas in 1978 (he was 52 yrs old).  My father LOVED a good time and a good laugh.  He put on my sister’s suede ‘cowgirl style’ hat.  He was so funny!   He had such big fingers.  I sure miss him, but the great memories I have of him sustain my smile when I think of him.  God bless his old soul.
 
I wanted to keep this page simple, but masculine.  I really liked the colors in the Kaisercraft 'Curiosity' collection.  They matched so well with the reddish hat, ivory shirt & gold tones in the photo.  As you can see, there is a circular lattice design in the papers, so that is why I chose the same for the stencil.  I added some microbeads here and there to rest on a few of the curved areas in the stenciling. 
Regular manila tags were sprayed with LSG Starburst color "Opal Sea Oats" and I love the look achieved.  Then I decorated using butterfly cut outs, words & tags from the collection.
 
I wanted to share a close up of the larger tag I made.  The saying is spot on!
“enjoy the small things in life for one day you may look back
and realize they were the big things”

  What an inspiration to live by!
 

 
Lastly, here is a close up of my Dad & the smaller tag I made. 
Such a good looking man….and he truly is so very loved.
 
Thanks for taking time to stop by.  Have a wonderful day!  Lisa : ) 

Products Used:
Kaisercraft ‘Curiosity’ collection – “Intrigue” (main page)
    -other papers used from the same collection: “Unique” & “Peculiar”
    -stick on letters in the collection & a tag cut out
Prima 6x6 stencil “Circular Lattice”
Manila tags (Hobby Lobby)
    -sprayed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst “Opal Sea Oats
    - Kaisercraft’s ‘Curiosity’ collection cut outs
    -Pigment Ink color ‘chestnut’
    -Hobby Lobby suede cord
Kaisercraft Rub On - “father”
Recollections flowers
Recollections microbeads – ‘Antique Copper’ color
Recollections brown pearls
Recollections gold bling
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!