Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A perfect day for flowers

Recently I bought some beautiful seasonal Fall flowers at Michael’s for my parent’s grave and decided that the perfect day to bring them would be Sept 29th, which is celebrated in the Catholic religion as The Feast of the Archangels.   It was a cloudy day and was so peaceful & quiet.  It felt so wonderful that morning; not hot.  I could hear birds singing.  Such a perfect day for flowers!

I took a lot of photos.  The view from my parent’s resting place is the leaning statue of Jesus looking & reaching up to Heaven.  As you can tell in the photo, the statue appears to be ‘straight’ but you can see the grass line is at an angle.

The small framed photo is the arrangement I made for Mom & Dad’s grave.  The American flag was placed in their flower vase on Memorial Day in honor of veterans.  I reused it because it was in great shape.  I think that I will try to keep a flag in the vase with the flowers I bring for my parents.  After all, my Dad served in the Navy during WWII. 
 
I loved the color of the Bo Bunny “Evening Mist” page in the Somewhere in Time collection, as well as the “Buttercup Vintage” paper because they both matched so perfectly with the flower arrangement I made!

To add interest to the paper, I used modeling paste to stencil designs from the TCW “Mini Gothic Romance” stencil.  I absolutely love it….especially the Fleur de Lis!  

I wanted to scrap these photos for my own personal memories and in thanks to St. Michael for his continued wonderful help.

 
Here is a close up of the title with all of the pretty flowers.
I used a beautiful font for the title and printed it from my computer.
I centered it using the large baroque die; inked the edges with pigment ink ‘Red Magic’.
 
I used Tim Holtz Adirondack alcohol inks ‘Stream’ & ‘Sunset Orange’ to recolor the pearls and rhinestones on the Recollections metal flower bouquet.  The stems were gold color so I used Tim Holtz Adirondack ‘Silver Mixative’ to better match with the silver frame.
I hand rubbed some Viva Inka-Gold “Oldsilver” on the Wild Orchid Crafts large red rose.
 
Thank you SO very much for taking time to visit!  Have a beautiful & memorable day!  Lisa : )    
 
Products used:
Bo Bunny Somewhere in Time collection – “Evening Mist”
Bo Bunny Double Dot Designs – “Buttercup Vintage”
TCW (The Crafter’s Work Shop) stencil – Mini Gothic Romance
Flowers:
    ~Recollections
    ~Prima – sculptured flowers & mini sachet ‘surf’
Sizzix Bigz Dies – Tim Holtz ‘Movers & Shapers’ – “Baroque” & “Styled Labels”
Pigments inks:  Red Magic& Chestnut
Butterfly cut outs from scanned images
    ~coated in Distressed Stickles “Clear Rock Candy”
Tim Holtz Adirondack alcohol inks used to recolor pearls, rhinestones & stems of the metal Recollections flower bouquet:
    ~Stream, Sunset Orange, Silver Mixative
Recollections bling

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful, Lisa. The paper and flowers really are perfect for those photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!