Wednesday, August 7, 2024

REX

I made a housewarming gift for my priest,
who will very soon be moving into a much nicer home.
Thank GOD!
What he's been living in is deplorable, in my opinion.
 
Rex is the happiest dog I've ever met!!
He belongs to my priest, Rev. Paul Jussen.
On two occasions I had the privilege of dog sitting Rex, 
for a couple or so hours each time, 
while Father Paul had some much needed outings with friends.

While Rex was with me at my house, 
I took lots of photos and videos of this wonderful dog.
This photo was taken by me 6/21/24 in my back yard.
He was given this name because it means "king".

Now, you need to know that Rex is a mix of
Burmese Mountain Dog, which is quite obvious with his markings.
He's also half King Cavalier Spaniel!!!!
Can you believe it!?!
Rex has the friendliest disposition and never meets a stranger. 
He's a puppy, so he likes to play with his toys.
He'll never be huge like a Burmese Mountain Dog, 
just a mini version of one.  
I think he's absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!

I was SO lucky to still have this 2018 old paper, 
from Blue Fern Studios Happy Accident 2, 
that has a dog on it!!!
PERFECT background color of mostly blue, which is great for a boy.
I also LOVE the black printing around the edges 
that look like stampings of swirls, birds, thermometer, etc.

I didn't want to overload with too many flowers, 
so I made only two arrangements on the page.
Each are on top of beautiful swirly chipboard 
that I heat embossed in a nice camel color.

You don't have to cut out leafy dies in green.
Cutting this one in black really makes it stand out on the page!

Staying with blue, black & white and rust colors
blended perfectly with Rex's gorgeous colors and the paper.

I found this adorable metal heart in my stash. 
How perfect is it to be on this page?
Father Paul LOVES Rex...and everyone who meets him does too!

Another close up of the other floral arrangement.

I also had 4 mini dog paw prints in chipboard that I inked in jet black.
They are so cute!
And look at the little dog that's printed on the paper!!

Last, but never least.......
gorgeous ReneaBouquets butterflies!
These are in my top faves that she makes.

I'm very happy how this one turned out.
I gave it today to Father Paul.
He was almost speechless and said how beautiful it was.
He was truly grateful.
Plus I could see how proud he was of Rex,
who I also got to see today! 

I've framed it for him, but also included an easel,
in case he wants to put it on a shelf,
instead of hanging it on the wall.
Just look at that face!!!!
Don't you just want to KISS it?!

Thanks for visiting.
I'm so blessed to have my wonderful priest as a friend.
He changed my life by fully opening my heart to the Lord,
more than I've ever felt in my life.
I will shout this out all over the place because it feels so fantastic!!
Have a very blessed day!
Lisa 

Products used:

Blue Fern Studios - Happy Accident 2 paper
"Chase"


Creative Embellisments - chipboard
Flourish 8


The Dusty Attic - chipboard
Paw Prints - Dog

ReneaBouquets - Butterflies
Tiny Treasures
"Secret Garden"


Mulberry Flowers
30 mm Pale Blue Wild Roses

Blue Tone Hip Rosebuds

20mm White Poppies

Baby Blue Cherry Blossoms

20mm Burnt Umber Open Roses

White Berry Spray Clusters


Tattered Lace Dies
Ferns

Ornate Leaves


Mediums
Blue Fern Studios - Embossing Powder
"Goldilocks"

Ranger Archival Ink
"Jet Black"


Tools
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe
Paper Trimmer


Adhesives
Nuvo Craft Glue

Recollections
Foam Adhesive Circles

Scor-Tape

Martha Stewart
Glue Gun

Scrapbook.com
Foam Adhesive Sheet



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Lisa - It's Fran again. I could not get in from my Google account.

    What a beautiful layout, and the subject matter is just adorable too. The flowers, butterflies, little heart, dog paw prints are all perfectly placed on this well designed page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, you're always so generous with your comments on my work. I sure appreciate that very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!