Friday, August 16, 2024

Hermit Crab Tropical Paradise

 I've been eye-balling this page for quite a while and so I've finally colored it!
And YES - there really ARE blue hermit crabs!
Either way, it adds interest when coloring, in which 'anything goes'!

I added a little bit of purple mixed in with blue on the body of the crab
because of this beauty I saw on the internet. WOW!
Look at the blues, purples and even PINKS!


I read up on hermit crabs and they mostly take over abandoned snail shells,
but they also (unfortunately) make their home in our plastic garbage.  
Very sad.
That's why I colored the 'house' a different color from the crab.
It's 'shell' is like a plot of paradise!
The shell has two colors. 
The base color is Cadmium Orange Hue & the accents are in Pumpkin Orange.

As you can see, I meticulously drew over the lines as accents
 to make them stand out.
Sometimes when you take your time coloring, 
you can produce something appeasing to the eye.
In this close-up, you can see starfish, shells & 
even a baseball mitt strew across the landscape.

All of the vegetation is colored in various greens.
I think doing that makes it look a little more realistic.
For instance, the coconut palms are different from the other types of palms.
Take a look in the up close photos below.

I'm going to start with the encampment!
If you notice, there's a purple lotus flower sitting on a lily pad!
That's because it's on the following page in this coloring book.
Kerby Rosanes hides a little something from the following page!

Just to show you about the lotus flower, 
this is the next two-page spread that I colored quite a while back.

Now let's go all around the page.....





Thank you so much for visiting!
Hope you're having a great day like I am!
Lisa >^..^<

Products used:

Kerby Rosanes Worlds Within Worlds Coloring Book

 
Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils


Sakura Eraser



Prismacolor Colorless Blending Pencil


Grumbacher Final Fixative Spray
 


2 comments:

  1. You sure have a talent, and a whole lot of patience, to get through this one. So many small segments to colour. Beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always way too kind, Fran! Thank you once again my dear friend. XO

      Delete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!