Thursday, February 18, 2021

Psalm 117:2 The Truth of the Lord Endures Forever

 After recently receiving a wonderful coloring book for my 60th Birthday 
from my Godfather and his wonderful wife, 
I was ready to get started right away!

Every page in this coloring book has excerpts from the book of Psalm
that are meaningful and beautiful,
but this particular page really lured me in!
I was attracted to it because of the beautiful flowers & leaves.

Of course I HAD to color the flowers in my favorite color purple!


I wish I would've taken a photo of this page BEFORE I colored it.
So far, with all of the colorings I've done, 
I believe that this one has been the most 'intense'. 
I tried to interpret the illustration artist's drawings of the leaves. 

When you are looking at a black & white image with tiny details like this
you really have to 'study' them to decide whether you are looking at the leafy part or is it actually the background of the page?
I did my best and I think I did well in my decisions.
I had to use the electric eraser several times though😉

This close up is the medallion in the center of the page.

I chose a Faber-Castell pastel pencil in a chartreuse color 
for the back ground of the page and the medallion.
This chartreuse color is more a Yellow Chartreuse, 
but for those who aren't familiar with the color, 
it's a yellow-green and can be either 
more yellow or more green.


Blending stumps were used in the tight spots around the leaves and flowers 
to smooth out the pastel pencil colors.  
Using Q-tips to blend large areas works faster than blending stumps 
and looks just as smooth!

The flowers are colored using 4 different purples 
in Prismacolor Premier color pencils.
The leaves are two green colors in Faber-Castell pastel pencils.
And the stamen in the center of each flower is a golden yellow color 
in Faber-Castell pastel pencil.






Thank you for viewing my page.
Continue staying safe & healthy
and please pray for all those affected by these terribly cold winter storms!
I live in SW Louisiana and we got down to an unprecented 16 degrees 
in the wee hours of Wednesday, Feb 16th.  
We just don't get this kind of cold down here,
along with ice, sleet and snow!

I trimmed this coloring to 8 x 10 size 
and it's now framed and part of the decor 
in 'the purple bedroom'.  

Coloring Book: The Psalms in Color
By: Christian Art Publishers



Products used:

Faber-Castell 60-color Pitt Pastel Pencils

Blending Stumps (for pastel pencils)



Prismacolor Premier 150 set Colored Pencils

Colorless blending pencil (for Prismacolors)

Sakura Electric Eraser


Grumbacher Final Fixative

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!