Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Pretty Blue Eyes

I took a photo of this beauty in June 2019.
It's been on my scrap desk for many, many months
because I just could never find the right paper until now.  

I've never seen a lizard with such pretty blue eyes!

With the ongoing concerns of the coronavirus pandemic, 
I'm purposefully in isolation as much as possible.
This COVID-19 has been very disheartening & really 
brings down my emotions and mood, 
so I wanted to scrap a cheerful page.

Rummaging through much older stash I found the perfect 
Kaisercraft page in the Sweet Nothings collections. 
The peachy-rose tones of the Christmas Cactus, along with those beautiful blue eyes made this page named "Silver Lining" a fabulous match!

First I placed the photo on cardboard to pop it up.
From there, I pulled older flower stash, as well as Wycinanka chipboard.

I had fun with a Michael's bargain bin large blue flower to take up space, 
adding smaller flowers alongside in different colors.
I even had fun with a Rub-On from this Kaisercraft collection.
It's been "forever" since I've used one.
I need to do that more often!
The rub-on is the yellow flower in the corner.

The opposite corner of the page has pretty printed flowers  
with an overlay of tiny blue dots. 
I randomly placed small flower arrangements 
to incorporate them in with the printed ones.
I tried a very old rub-on that wouldn't rub off,
so I cut it out and glued it instead.

Years ago, I bought some Wycinanka chipboard.
I chose the right size corner frame pieces
and dabbed the edges with "Blue Lagoon" ink by ColorBox.
I can't help it!  LOOK at those EYES!  She's sooooooo pretty!





So, it really is good to hold on to your stash 
because you never know when the right photo will come along for it!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great, safe and healthy week!
Lisa >^..^<



Products used:


Kaisercraft - Sweet Nothings collection
"Silver Lining"

Rub-Ons



Wycinanka chipboard
Trio Collection
Frame pattern 3

Trio Collection
Corners Set


Flowers
Petaloo - Penny Lane Garden Collection
Mini Daisy Petites in Robin Egg Blue

Recollections (all roses on the layout & large blue flower)
Speckled Red flowers

Speckled Turquoise flowers

Wild Orchid Crafts
Baby Blue Sweethearts

Green Sweethearts

Tools
Basic Grey Rub On Roller Tool
Adhesives
Beacon 3-in-1 Glue

Tombow Mono Glue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!