Sunday, July 5, 2015

After the Rain

I created another layout for my Garden Scrapbook.  Nothing extravagant – just a simple page to admire in the years to come. I photographed my miniature red roses after a rain.  Although only about the size of a US quarter, these tiny roses are pure perfection!  I LOVE the way water droplets sit on flower petals!
 
I chose a page named ‘bash’ in the Pink Paislee Spring Jubilee collection.  After randomly stamping the page, I stenciled raindrops using Liquitex flexible modeling paste (my most fave to use!).  The clear stamp in the Kaisercraft Botanical collection is so gorgeous!  I love the butterflies and script in it!
 
The title is ironically printed in a font named “Before the Rain”.  This was my title inspiration! : )
 
I love the Wycinanka intricate cut outs from Wild Orchid Crafts! 
 
I made a futile attempt to draw a rose on The Dusty Attic chippie.  It came out ‘ok’ but really seemed to just be a distraction, so I covered it with a beautiful large wild rose from Wild Orchid Crafts.
 
Finally, I punched the edges of the layout and added shiny red sequins that I got from my dear MIL’s stash after she passed away.  I dearly loved my MIL.  She was an AWESOME seamstress. 
Have a great day!  Lisa : )  ^..^
Products used:
Pink Paislee Spring Jubilee collection – page named Bash
Martha Stewart punch – Vintage Floral
TCW 6x6 stencil – Mini Raindrops
Kaisercraft clear stamp – Botanical collection
Wild Orchid Crafts – Wycinanka frame cut out; red tone mulberry roses
The Dusty Attic – Rose Vine #DA0638
Ink colors – Grass, Pastel Lime, Charcoal
Butterflies – printed & fussy cut
Red Sequins – dear MIL’s stash

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lisa! Love the stamping and stenciled raindrops and the Wycinanka chipboard. That reminds me, I should make an effort to use some of my Wycinanka chipboard sometimes. I have quite a stash of them from one impulsive moment of weakness, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, accidentally duplicated my comment. I really wish you could edit or delete these comments and not have that ominous "This comment has been removed by the author" (like I said something nasty that I now regret and want to retract, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages are always so inspirational, I now want those cut outs, and make pages with red, and use red sequins and stamping. Beautiful photos, title, colors, and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pages are always so inspirational, I now want those cut outs, and make pages with red, and use red sequins and stamping. Beautiful photos, title, colors, and flowers!

    ReplyDelete