Monday, December 12, 2016

Pretty as a Rose

I'm very proud to show you my beautiful mother when she was 22.
Such a pretty woman.  She truly was as pretty as a rose!

I converted the old ivory colored photo into a black & white and then colorized a bit.
Turning Mom's eyes into the beautiful dark brown that they were 
and making her lips the favorite dark rose lipstick color she favored 
really accentuates her beautiful face.

I began by cutting a large cardboard oval; applying scor-tape to each side; 
then covering it by wrapping cream colored seam binding around and around;
tying a knot at the top.
I sprayed all of the ribbon with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst color Salt Water Taffy
then spritz-sprayed with colors Alpine Ice Rose and Autumn Maple Crimson.

Because of the title I chose to describe my beautiful Mom, staying with a rose motif seemed perfect.  
Gorgeous Blue Fern Studios "Hushed" page in the Tranquility Collection and 
beautiful Wild Orchid Crafts 2-tone roses & rosebuds were perfect.
The 2-tone rosebuds were inked on the petal tips with "Pink Sky" ink color to match with the open wild roses.
Crunching up the ribbon & making a 'floppy bow' with long dangling strands provided a nice flow with the frame.



I can't say it enough times how much I LOVE these leaf die cuts!
They are scored in the center for easy folding to create a more realistic look.

The title was made from Dusty Attic script, lower & upper ABC's.
I acrylic painted all of them in a warm white mixed with a hint of pink.

Most of the letters were treated with Flamingo colored Liquid Pearls on the bottom half.

The Liquid Pearls Flamingo color was completely applied to the word ROSE 
and then topped with Cotton Candy colored Stickles.

I definitely plan to frame this layout of my gorgeous Mom and hang it in a special place!

Thanks for visiting and hope you have a great week!  Lisa : )

Products used:


Blue Fern Studios - Tranquility collection - "Hushed"

Maja Design - It's Christmas Time - "Wrap the Gifts" (used for the rose leaves)

Tattered Lace dies - Ornate Leaves

Hot Off the Press - Easy Ovals

The Dusty Attic ABCs - 

mini Script

mini lower ABCs

mini UPPER ABCs

Wild Orchid Crafts flowers - 
2-tone Pink Blush Wild Roses

2-tone Baby Pink Hip Rosebuds

Hug Snug Seam Binding - Cream color
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst sprays - Saltwater Taffy; Alpine Ice Rose; Autumn Maple Crimson
ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink - Pink Sky
Range Liquid Pearls - Flamingo
Ranger Stickles - Cotton Candy

4 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! Your roses are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even more wonderful in the close-ups! Love the color, the photo, the frame and those die cut leaves. Spectacular tribute to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I'm sure I've seen this layout somewhere so forgive me if I've commented already! I absolutely love your hand-coloured photo. How wonderful! Gorgeous flower clustering too! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a fabulously scrappy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Firstly, I thought you had gotten a picture of a movie starlet from Pinterest--your mam was just gorgeous!!! Secondly, your photographs are AMAZING and so beautiful! This whole layout is so beautiful. I love those die-cuts too (as you MAY know LOL!!) and I love how you used them layered with the roses. The theme is perfect and love the title!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!