Thursday, October 27, 2016

Boo - I see you!

This is definitely going in my scrap area where I can see it all the time!
Hi everyone & Welcome!  Today I'm sharing a 5-1/2" x 6" card I made for the Halloween season....well, shall I say that this is as close to Halloween that I can get, especially since I have no little ones in my life nor do I own the necessary themed scrap supplies for it! 
I do, however, have Lucy.....and she is quite enough satisfaction for me!!
She was sitting on my scrap table and I was taking photos of her with my iphone when all of a sudden she stretched her head forward and BAM!  How lucky was it to get this awesome photo with those perfectly round wide curious eyes?! LOL!

By the way, "Boo" is one of Lucy's many nicknames, so this is especially perfect with this photo!
I chose purple & light blue as my color palette because I really love how these two colors look so fabulous together....and purple (followed by blue) are my favorite colors!  The luscious Maja Design Enjoying Outdoors collection made for a perfect foundation for this cute card.  I used quite a mix of brands here.....Kaisercraft Lavender Haze collection with its perfect light blue and the cutest lavender floral print were used for the papers behind the photo, as well as the punched paw print edge and the printed title placed along the photo edge. The Kaisercraft paper in baby blue with white polka dots paper made for an adorable background for photographing the card.
I heat embossed the custom cut Want2Scrap chipboard word "Boo" with Blue Fern Studios Imagine Ink embossing powder color "Breeze".  The bottom half was touched with pigment ink color "Wisteria".
Both colors match perfectly with the color palette!
The rest of the title was computer printed and then the edge cut with wavy decorative scissors. 
The greenery is cut from the same Kaisercraft Lavender Haze paper collection in an adorable pale yellow-green with white polka dots!   I recently received my new order of scrapbooking supplies from Frantic Stamper and was so anxious to use one of the Tattered Lace dies called Pearl Foliage.  In the close ups you can see that I decorated some of the 'pearl' extensions with tiny rhinestone bling. 
Wild Orchid Crafts beautiful mulberry roses make such pretty arrangements.

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a great day & a fun Halloween!  Lisa : )
  
Products used:
Maja Design - Enjoying Outdoors collection - Late Summer Flowers (backside)
Kaisercraft - Lavender Haze collection - 6-1/2" paper pad
Blue Fern Studios Imagine Ink Embossing Powder - Breeze
Tattered Lace dies - Pearl Foliage
EK Success Punch - Paw Print
Want2Scrap - custom cut chipboard word "Boo"
Wavy cut decorative scissors
Michael's Recollections - rhinestones (clear, lavender & light blue)
                                   - gemstone brads (purple)
ColorBox Pigment Inks - Warm Violet, Lime Pastel, Cape Cod, Wisteria
Wild Orchid Crafts flowers -
Open Roses - 20mm
Rosebuds - 6mm
Open Roses - 10mm & 15mm
Rosebuds - 4mm
 

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, I love this pic of Lucy so much! Perfect timing. Those eyes are so scrappable! I love the papers and color choices, and that paw print punch is so cute! Lovely embellishing. I was so happy to see your post :) This is about as Halloween as I get, too LOL I love, love, love Halloween (it's an excuse for us adults to be kids again!), but I tend to stick to the flowers and lace. Funny, I called Woolly my Boo too! Well, he had lots of nicknames, but he was Boo, and my sister's cat that my mom and I ended up keeping on until he died was named Butterscotch, but you're never going to say a name that long, so he was Boo Boo. Love that custom-cut chipboard pieces, and the finish is spot on! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, love this! And how perfect is that paw print punch?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa!
    Sorry to be so late joining the party, but I am so happy to have made it. Your card is fabulous!! Lucy is the sweetest kitty and the perfect focal point. I love the sentiments--so perfect for this! The embellishments are oooohhh so pretty and add just the right finishing touch. Thank you so much for the inspiration and also for the kind words on my project!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I appreciate every one of them!